Computer Messing With Images

ComputerGeek2007

Computer Messing With Images
My computer keeps messing with the focus on the pictures that I upload from
my camera.

For example, the pictures look fine on Windows Photo Gallery. They're the
images I've uploaded, resized, and usually in good focus depending on how
good of focus the picture was in originally. But I've found that when I use a
program such as Microsoft Paint or Photo Shop XI to edit an image, it only
looks how I want it to look for so long. When I re-open the same image, it's
in a more pixelized focus.

At first I thought it was just me being a perfectionist. Then I edited an
image, saved it, and left it up while I opened a new Microsoft Paint window
and opened that same image. There was an obvious difference. The picture in
the new window was obviously more pixelized and blurred looking.

Does anyone know what the problem is? This is a brand new computer, very
high quality, and uses Vista Home Premium, and yet my old computer (that uses
Windows XP) has never screwed up my pictures like this one has. Any advice
would be appreciated.

(And my new computer doesn't have Internet access, so I know it's not a
virus.)
Adam Albright

Re: Computer Messing With Images
On Sun, 27 May 2007 13:16:01 -0700, ComputerGeek2007
<ComputerGeek2007@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My computer keeps messing with the focus on the pictures that I upload from
>my camera.
>
>For example, the pictures look fine on Windows Photo Gallery. They're the
>images I've uploaded, resized, and usually in good focus depending on how
>good of focus the picture was in originally. But I've found that when I use a
>program such as Microsoft Paint or Photo Shop XI to edit an image, it only
>looks how I want it to look for so long. When I re-open the same image, it's
>in a more pixelized focus.
>
>At first I thought it was just me being a perfectionist. Then I edited an
>image, saved it, and left it up while I opened a new Microsoft Paint window
>and opened that same image. There was an obvious difference. The picture in
>the new window was obviously more pixelized and blurred looking.
>
>Does anyone know what the problem is? This is a brand new computer, very
>high quality, and uses Vista Home Premium, and yet my old computer (that uses
>Windows XP) has never screwed up my pictures like this one has. Any advice
>would be appreciated.
>
>(And my new computer doesn't have Internet access, so I know it's not a
>virus.)

I'm using Photoshop 8 (CS version) and don't see any problems other
then a very slight shift in the hue even without a color profile
applied, my guess, Paint, Photo Galley while they may not say it,
probably apply some RGB profile. As far as pixilated, nope, don't see
that.

Are you sure you're not introducing the pixelation yourself by
resaving/resizing in some compressed format?

Obviously "seeing" the actual two versions of the image would help,
otherwise just guessing.