Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

WM11 Vista WMV playback issues

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-27-2007
Glynieboy
 

Posts: n/a
WM11 Vista WMV playback issues
Since installing Vista I have had an issue with WMV playback using WM11. If
I playback a WMV the picture is all blocky and mainly green in colour. It
looks like some kind of codec problem. This problem happens with all WMV
files. If I play the WMV in another media player such as the DIVX player it
plays fine. The only other codec's I have installed other then that of the
standard Vista ones are DIVX and AC3 for sound.

Can suggestions welcomed...

Thanks Glyn

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2007
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WM11 Vista WMV playback issues

What are the results of WMP's Help:about:Technical Support Information menu
tool?

What video card is on this system? Is there a driver update available for
it?

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--

"Glynieboy" <webreg@hog-warts.co.uk> wrote in message
news:8D646AB6-7C94-4CAD-90E8-4A74817BB67C@microsoft.com...
> Since installing Vista I have had an issue with WMV playback using WM11.
> If I playback a WMV the picture is all blocky and mainly green in colour.
> It looks like some kind of codec problem. This problem happens with all
> WMV files. If I play the WMV in another media player such as the DIVX
> player it plays fine. The only other codec's I have installed other then
> that of the standard Vista ones are DIVX and AC3 for sound.
>
> Can suggestions welcomed...
>
> Thanks Glyn



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-28-2007
Glynieboy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WM11 Vista WMV playback issues
The video card is an NVIDIA 6200. I have tried various drivers from NVIDIA,
currently running the latest for Vista. All of which don't resolve the
problem.

Tech support info:

Version 11.0.6000.6324
Operating System
Version: 6.0.6000 System Locale: en-GB
Service Pack: 0.0 User Locale: en-GB
Build Lab: 6000.vista_rtm.061101-2205 Geo ID: United Kingdom
Type: Workstation DRM Version: 11.0.6000.6324
Architecture: x86 Indiv Version: 2.8.0.1
Processors: 1

Video Codecs
Type Name Format Binary Version
ICM Microsoft RLE MRLE msrle32.dll 6.0.6000.16386
ICM Microsoft Video 1 MSVC msvidc32.dll 6.0.6000.16386
ICM Microsoft YUV UYVY msyuv.dll 6.0.6000.16386
ICM Intel IYUV codec IYUV iyuv_32.dll 6.0.6000.16386
ICM Logitech Video (I420) i420 lvcodec2.dll 10.5.1.2023
ICM Toshiba YUV Codec Y411 tsbyuv.dll 6.0.6000.16386
ICM Cinepak Codec by Radius cvid iccvid.dll 1.10.0.12
ICM DivX« 6.6.1 Codec (1 Logical CPU) divx DivX.dll 6.6.1.1
ICM DivX« 6.6.1 YV12 Decoder yv12 DivX.dll 6.6.1.1
ICM vfwwdm32.dll 6.0.6000.16386
DMO Mpeg4s Decoder DMO mp4s, MP4S, m4s2, M4S2 mp4sdecd.dll
11.0.6000.6324
DMO WMV Screen decoder DMO MSS1, MSS2 wmvsdecd.dll 11.0.6000.6324
DMO WMVideo Decoder DMO WMV1, WMV2, WMV3, WMVP, WVP2, WMVR, WMVA, WVC1
wmvdecod.dll 11.0.6000.6324
DMO Mpeg43 Decoder DMO mp43, MP43 mp43decd.dll 11.0.6000.6324
DMO Mpeg4 Decoder DMO MPG4, mpg4, mp42, MP42 mpg4decd.dll 11.0.6000.6324

Nothing really jumps out ...

"zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:eYEVlJWoHHA.4188@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>
> What are the results of WMP's Help:about:Technical Support Information
> menu tool?
>
> What video card is on this system? Is there a driver update available for
> it?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
> --
>
> "Glynieboy" <webreg@hog-warts.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:8D646AB6-7C94-4CAD-90E8-4A74817BB67C@microsoft.com...
>> Since installing Vista I have had an issue with WMV playback using WM11.
>> If I playback a WMV the picture is all blocky and mainly green in colour.
>> It looks like some kind of codec problem. This problem happens with all
>> WMV files. If I play the WMV in another media player such as the DIVX
>> player it plays fine. The only other codec's I have installed other then
>> that of the standard Vista ones are DIVX and AC3 for sound.
>>
>> Can suggestions welcomed...
>>
>> Thanks Glyn

>
>


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-30-2007
christos
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WM11 Vista WMV playback issues
I had a similar green screen problem like this myself once before, but it was
only with streaming .wmv files.

My cable connection was way low speed, and as soon as I changed to a faster
DSL line the problem was solved. This was WMP 10 on XP though, not Vista.

It sounds like you are playing local files though, which doesn't sound
right. Have you tried toying with the video accel inside of WMP
tools/options/performance tab? Might be worth a shot to adjust it to none,
and see if that might fix things.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2007
Krishna
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WM11 Vista WMV playback issues
Hey Glynieboy, try this it will solve your problem

Open windows media player, go to options, performance and untick "turn on
directx Video acceleration for WMV files". and restart WMP11..
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2007
ReuF
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WM11 Vista WMV playback issues
Thanks Krishna! I had the same problem with my GeForce 7800, but thanks to
you it's working OK now.
Cheers,
ReuF
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2007
Glynieboy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WM11 Vista WMV playback issues
Changed the performance option and guess what it fixed the problem! your the
man

"christos" <christos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:36AEB941-8010-4637-952D-092EE5304AA4@microsoft.com...
>I had a similar green screen problem like this myself once before, but it
>was
> only with streaming .wmv files.
>
> My cable connection was way low speed, and as soon as I changed to a
> faster
> DSL line the problem was solved. This was WMP 10 on XP though, not Vista.
>
> It sounds like you are playing local files though, which doesn't sound
> right. Have you tried toying with the video accel inside of WMP
> tools/options/performance tab? Might be worth a shot to adjust it to
> none,
> and see if that might fix things.


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2007
Al Pacca
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WM11 Vista WMV playback issues
since i have not been able to make a new item.......... i will have to do it
this way
sorry for that.

i cannot play any asx files what must i do to make those movies to been seen
on my screen

<snap>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
playback sound thrugh multiple playback devices Chris S microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 01-11-2009 15:36
Online streaming broken with WM11/Vista in IE7 - MMS issue? John Smith microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 03-26-2007 22:28
upgraded to vista ultimate now can't open wmv video/x-ms-wmv emails run1222 microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 1 03-26-2007 01:29
Video playback issues =?Utf-8?B?Q29ycnZhbg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 02-14-2007 09:33
Video Playback Issues condition_unknown microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 01-29-2007 01:40




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:16.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120