images not found or displayed

Colin G

images not found or displayed
I have a Dell Dimension 9200 with Vista Home Premium installed. Although I
have thousands of images that viewed perfectly with XP, they do not display
in Media Center under Vista. Also, the images associated with the Help &
Support pages are missing. WMC will find the files in folders and appear to
load them but when the folder is browsed in WMC it has no files found. Does
anyone know how to make these jpg files appear and also recover the images in
the Help & Support pages. I have spent hours scanning through posting but
this seems to be a fundamental poblem/conflict with no obvious answer. There
seems to be some common links in the community postings such as 'Dell' and
other graphics packages but no definite answer that I have found.
--
Yodaboy
Diakonos

RE: images not found or displayed
Colin, I am not experiencing the WMC problem you mentioned, but do have
missing images in my Help and Support pages. I have an HP Pavilion dv6000
with Windows Vista Ultimate installed. Like you I have searched for sometime
to see who might have a similar problem with Help & Support images.

I hope someone sees our posts that can resolve the problem

Diakonos

"Colin G" wrote:

> I have a Dell Dimension 9200 with Vista Home Premium installed. Although I
> have thousands of images that viewed perfectly with XP, they do not display
> in Media Center under Vista. Also, the images associated with the Help &
> Support pages are missing. WMC will find the files in folders and appear to
> load them but when the folder is browsed in WMC it has no files found. Does
> anyone know how to make these jpg files appear and also recover the images in
> the Help & Support pages. I have spent hours scanning through posting but
> this seems to be a fundamental poblem/conflict with no obvious answer. There
> seems to be some common links in the community postings such as 'Dell' and
> other graphics packages but no definite answer that I have found.
> --
> Yodaboy

Colin G

RE: images not found or displayed
I have found solution to the Help & Support images issue in another posting
but still have the WMC problem. You have to edit the Registry by running
regedit. Under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, scroll to the .png entry. You need a line
that reads:
Content Type REG_SZ image/png If you don't have this you need
to add it by clicking on Edit, New, String Value. Type in the words Content
Type and then enter the image/png in the data field. Your images should then
appear.
--
Yodaboy

"Diakonos" wrote:

> Colin, I am not experiencing the WMC problem you mentioned, but do have
> missing images in my Help and Support pages. I have an HP Pavilion dv6000
> with Windows Vista Ultimate installed. Like you I have searched for sometime
> to see who might have a similar problem with Help & Support images.
>
> I hope someone sees our posts that can resolve the problem
>
> Diakonos
>

> "Colin G" wrote:
>
> > I have a Dell Dimension 9200 with Vista Home Premium installed. Although I
> > have thousands of images that viewed perfectly with XP, they do not display
> > in Media Center under Vista. Also, the images associated with the Help &
> > Support pages are missing. WMC will find the files in folders and appear to
> > load them but when the folder is browsed in WMC it has no files found. Does
> > anyone know how to make these jpg files appear and also recover the images in
> > the Help & Support pages. I have spent hours scanning through posting but
> > this seems to be a fundamental poblem/conflict with no obvious answer. There
> > seems to be some common links in the community postings such as 'Dell' and
> > other graphics packages but no definite answer that I have found.
> > --
> > Yodaboy

Diakonos

RE: images not found or displayed
Thanks, Yodaboy! Your registry update did the trick for all of the images
except one. I'm not sure why only one would still be unavailable for
display. Perhaps it is another file type besides png.

Regards,
Diakonos