Media Sharing is not enabling

Rozial

Media Sharing is not enabling
Hi, I have a slight problem with enabling Media Sharing on Microsoft Windows
Vista: Home Premium edition. When I go to the "Network and Sharing Center" I
wanted to turn on Media Sharing, but all that happens is when I click ok, the
"OK" button just turns lighter as if it were pressed and then takes no
action. I also tried enabling it through Windows Media Player "Tools" ->
"Options" -> "Configure Sharing". When I click cancel, Windows Media Player
no longer opens and gives me no error that there was a problem. I am then
having to reboot to get it to open again. I am also having problem importing
music into Windows Media Center saying there is a necessary component
missing, but that only shows up when Windows Media Player no longer opens.
Any help will be great, thanks!
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Media Sharing is not enabling

WMP locking up would indeed block Media Center from working, so that would
be expected. The key issue would be that Configure Sharing is locking up.

Is the player's library functioning correctly? I'm not really aware of many
ways that Configure Sharing would seize up WMP, but it's possible that a
defunct library could cause something of this sort. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Rozial" <Rozial@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have a slight problem with enabling Media Sharing on Microsoft
> Windows
> Vista: Home Premium edition. When I go to the "Network and Sharing
> Center" I
> wanted to turn on Media Sharing, but all that happens is when I click ok,
> the
> "OK" button just turns lighter as if it were pressed and then takes no
> action. I also tried enabling it through Windows Media Player "Tools" ->
> "Options" -> "Configure Sharing". When I click cancel, Windows Media
> Player
> no longer opens and gives me no error that there was a problem. I am then
> having to reboot to get it to open again. I am also having problem
> importing
> music into Windows Media Center saying there is a necessary component
> missing, but that only shows up when Windows Media Player no longer opens.
> Any help will be great, thanks!

Alex

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> WMP locking up would indeed block Media Center from working, so that would
> be expected. The key issue would be that Configure Sharing is locking up.
>
> Is the player's library functioning correctly? I'm not really aware of many
> ways that Configure Sharing would seize up WMP, but it's possible that a
> defunct library could cause something of this sort. =\
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "Rozial" <Rozial@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I have a slight problem with enabling Media Sharing on Microsoft
> > Windows
> > Vista: Home Premium edition. When I go to the "Network and Sharing
> > Center" I
> > wanted to turn on Media Sharing, but all that happens is when I click ok,
> > the
> > "OK" button just turns lighter as if it were pressed and then takes no
> > action. I also tried enabling it through Windows Media Player "Tools" ->
> > "Options" -> "Configure Sharing". When I click cancel, Windows Media
> > Player
> > no longer opens and gives me no error that there was a problem. I am then
> > having to reboot to get it to open again. I am also having problem
> > importing
> > music into Windows Media Center saying there is a necessary component
> > missing, but that only shows up when Windows Media Player no longer opens.
> > Any help will be great, thanks!

Alex

Re: Media Sharing is not enabling
Heyy

any updates

I have same problem too. I am tryin to connect to PS3 but my media sharing
will not enable. My computer is on a wireless network and the admin comp is
connected via a wire. The admin comp works fine though and can easily share
with my PS3 (which is connected wirelessly)

Please help