Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Windows mediq player does not start

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2007
Matthieu
 

Posts: n/a
Windows mediq player does not start
Whenever I try to launch Windows Media Player from the start menu,
nothing happens. What can I do to solve this ?


Thanks,

Matthieu
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-24-2007
dean-dean
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows mediq player does not start
What happens if you right-click on Media Player, choose Open File Location,
and double-click on wmplayer.exe?

If nothing happens, open Task Manager (right-click your Taskbar) and see if
wmplayer.exe is running, on the Processes tab. If it is, right-click
wmplayer.exe, and choose End Process. Then try to open Media Player again.

If still no luck, try this:

Press the Windows key + R. In the Run box type

sfc /scannow

After the System File Checker scan, which may take awhile, you can confirm
any repairs by looking at the cbs.log (towards the end of the log) in
C:\Windows\Logs\CBS.

"Matthieu" <surnom.surnom@free.fr> wrote in message
news:-LCdnZ_3atFcb8nbnZ2dnUVZ_v3inZ2d@comcast.com...
> Whenever I try to launch Windows Media Player from the start menu, nothing
> happens. What can I do to solve this ?
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matthieu


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2007
Matthieu
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows mediq player does not start
COmmand shows:

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 98% complete.
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.


My systems looks like 2% incomplete ;-)


This is very strqnge sometimes WMP does not stqrt at all until next
reboot. Sometimes it's just I get no video in the embedded WMP in IE
and/or Firefox.

It used to work correctly for roughly a month.

dean-dean wrote:
> What happens if you right-click on Media Player, choose Open File Location,
> and double-click on wmplayer.exe?
>
> If nothing happens, open Task Manager (right-click your Taskbar) and see if
> wmplayer.exe is running, on the Processes tab. If it is, right-click
> wmplayer.exe, and choose End Process. Then try to open Media Player again.
>
> If still no luck, try this:
>
> Press the Windows key + R. In the Run box type
>
> sfc /scannow
>
> After the System File Checker scan, which may take awhile, you can confirm
> any repairs by looking at the cbs.log (towards the end of the log) in
> C:\Windows\Logs\CBS.
>
> "Matthieu" <surnom.surnom@free.fr> wrote in message
> news:-LCdnZ_3atFcb8nbnZ2dnUVZ_v3inZ2d@comcast.com...
>> Whenever I try to launch Windows Media Player from the start menu,
>> nothing happens. What can I do to solve this ?
>>
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Matthieu

>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-31-2007
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows mediq player does not start

So it's starting at all, but only sometimes locking up and not starting
anymore ...... ? To clarify, does it ever just work? And if it does, when
it *doesn't* work, is wmplayer.exe present in the Processes tab of Task
Manager?

Offhand, this sounds like a glitched driver. What video card and audio
card? Are there driver updates available for those?

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--
"Matthieu" <surnom.surnom@free.fr> wrote in message
news:5sOdnQsNLLwOrcvbnZ2dnUVZ_jWdnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> COmmand shows:
>
> Beginning verification phase of system scan.
> Verification 98% complete.
> Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
>
>
> My systems looks like 2% incomplete ;-)
>
>
> This is very strqnge sometimes WMP does not stqrt at all until next
> reboot. Sometimes it's just I get no video in the embedded WMP in IE
> and/or Firefox.
>
> It used to work correctly for roughly a month.
>
> dean-dean wrote:
>> What happens if you right-click on Media Player, choose Open File
>> Location,
>> and double-click on wmplayer.exe?
>>
>> If nothing happens, open Task Manager (right-click your Taskbar) and see
>> if
>> wmplayer.exe is running, on the Processes tab. If it is, right-click
>> wmplayer.exe, and choose End Process. Then try to open Media Player
>> again.
>>
>> If still no luck, try this:
>>
>> Press the Windows key + R. In the Run box type
>>
>> sfc /scannow
>>
>> After the System File Checker scan, which may take awhile, you can
>> confirm
>> any repairs by looking at the cbs.log (towards the end of the log) in
>> C:\Windows\Logs\CBS.
>>
>> "Matthieu" <surnom.surnom@free.fr> wrote in message
>> news:-LCdnZ_3atFcb8nbnZ2dnUVZ_v3inZ2d@comcast.com...
>>> Whenever I try to launch Windows Media Player from the start menu,
>>> nothing happens. What can I do to solve this ?
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Matthieu

>>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows media player won't start =?Utf-8?B?Sm9lbA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 14 09-22-2011 09:08
Windows Media Player 11 start up =?Utf-8?B?Y2Vvag==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 04-23-2007 16:28
windows media player wont start =?Utf-8?B?QWxvbmk=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-13-2007 10:31
media player won't start =?Utf-8?B?VmlzdGFOb29i?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 03-01-2007 12:00
Media player won't start =?Utf-8?B?ZXRz?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 02-11-2007 07:54




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:03.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120