Pan & Zoom slide theme in Photo Galary

Mr. Repeat

Pan & Zoom slide theme in Photo Galary
Pan & Zoom slide presentations using Photo Galary worked fine for a while
when recently purchased new Dell 1505 w/vista Home Premium, 1.6gh Intel core
2 duo, ATI Mobility Radion 1400, 2 gig Ram. WinSat score is 3.7; .
Suddenly the pan & zoom is stuttering. Dell support reset my computer to
original settings as delivered is last ditch effort to fix after hours of
effort. Worked for a while (3 or 4 slide show presentations) now stuttering
again. I really like this feature and would like to use it. Any suggestions
would be appreciated.
--
Mr. Repeat
Adam Albright

Re: Pan & Zoom slide theme in Photo Galary
On Wed, 23 May 2007 10:22:01 -0700, Mr. Repeat <Mr.
Repeat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Pan & Zoom slide presentations using Photo Galary worked fine for a while
>when recently purchased new Dell 1505 w/vista Home Premium, 1.6gh Intel core
>2 duo, ATI Mobility Radion 1400, 2 gig Ram. WinSat score is 3.7; .
>Suddenly the pan & zoom is stuttering. Dell support reset my computer to
>original settings as delivered is last ditch effort to fix after hours of
>effort. Worked for a while (3 or 4 slide show presentations) now stuttering
>again. I really like this feature and would like to use it. Any suggestions
>would be appreciated.

Are you seeing stuttering if you just randomly pick some images to
view in some on the fly slideshow or after you've made a movie?

Both panning and zooming puts a big load on your CPU and graphic card
since a lot of pixels have to be moved around on the fly. Even a far
more powerful system then you've got can stumble if the images are too
high a resolution or you attempt to get carried away with special
effects.

You shouldn't be doing it that way in the first place. Make a movie,
using your images. Obviously you'll get way better results if you use
better tools then either of the included Microsoft toys.

Mr. Repeat