Security in Windows Media Player

Serene

Security in Windows Media Player
I have been using my media player to watch downloaded videos fro a course I
am doing. All of a sudden I am getting a box telling me my security settings
do not allow me to do so. I have not changed my settings and cannot figure
out what is stopping it.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions it would be much appreciated.

Cheers

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Security in Windows Media Player

What does the box say? I don't think anybody here knows the specifics of
what you're referring to, so the more details provided the more possible it
is to understand what it is saying and why it might be saying that.

What's a sample URL that has a clickable link to download... ? (If
possible...) Do other sites have this problem? For example, can you
download any random file from:
http://zachd.com/mvc2/fulllist.html?jmar
? (Random list, but it has WMV links...)

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Serene" <Serene@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been using my media player to watch downloaded videos fro a course I
> am doing. All of a sudden I am getting a box telling me my security
> settings
> do not allow me to do so. I have not changed my settings and cannot
> figure
> out what is stopping it.
>
> If anyone has any ideas or suggestions it would be much appreciated.
>
> Cheers

brucec is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Your current security settings do not allow this action
Hi,
I am technical support at On2 Technologies.

I have a user who submitted the following post:

When I double click on a swf file I have just encoded, Windows Media Player comes up, as it should, but I get an error message saying "Your current security settings do not allow this action". What security setting do I need to change? I have tried turning off firewalls and made other changes, but I have not found the right think. Can you help? Thank you P.S. The same swf files plays fine inside a web page.

Thanks for your assistance.
Bruce Clark
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Security in Windows Media Player

The player does not create an association for Shockwave Flash (SWF) files -
why are you attempting to force the player to open one from the shell?

I am not aware that Microsoft or Adobe support double-clicking SWF files and
having anything interesting or useful happen.

Are you just saying that the user is attempting to hack/force this into
working, and it doesn't?

--
Speaking for myself only.