Vista Home premium media player problem

todd

Vista Home premium media player problem
I have a new dell pc xps 410 and when I play mp3 or wma's that work fine on
my xp windows media player on my other 2 pc's on the new vista home prem
media player towards the end of each song I play no matter which one it
stutters towards the end of the song, Ive tried hundreds and its quite
annoying, any help? thank you
--
tw
Cal Bear '66

Re: Vista Home premium media player problem
If it is a Sigma Tel audio adapter, disable all Enhancements in Control Panel >
Sound > Playback Tab > Speakers > Properties Tab

"todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a new dell pc xps 410 and when I play mp3 or wma's that work fine on
> my xp windows media player on my other 2 pc's on the new vista home prem
> media player towards the end of each song I play no matter which one it
> stutters towards the end of the song, Ive tried hundreds and its quite
> annoying, any help? thank you
> --
> tw

todd

Re: Vista Home premium media player problem
Im not too smart on this, now I have no sound, i think i disabled
somehting????? help
--
tw

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> If it is a Sigma Tel audio adapter, disable all Enhancements in Control Panel >
> Sound > Playback Tab > Speakers > Properties Tab
>

> "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a new dell pc xps 410 and when I play mp3 or wma's that work fine on
> > my xp windows media player on my other 2 pc's on the new vista home prem
> > media player towards the end of each song I play no matter which one it
> > stutters towards the end of the song, Ive tried hundreds and its quite
> > annoying, any help? thank you
> > --
> > tw

Cal Bear '66

Re: Vista Home premium media player problem
Control Panel > Sound > Playback Tab > right click and check both Show
Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. Highlight Speakers and click
Set Default button. Click Configure button and set up your speakers. Click
Properties button and go through the tabs. On the Sounds tab, test your sounds.

"todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news9A0F56D-4FD3-4D89-9084-5850F78D2B7E@microsoft.com...
> Im not too smart on this, now I have no sound, i think i disabled
> somehting????? help
> --
> tw
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> If it is a Sigma Tel audio adapter, disable all Enhancements in Control Panel
>> >

>> Sound > Playback Tab > Speakers > Properties Tab
>>

>> "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have a new dell pc xps 410 and when I play mp3 or wma's that work fine on
>> > my xp windows media player on my other 2 pc's on the new vista home prem
>> > media player towards the end of each song I play no matter which one it
>> > stutters towards the end of the song, Ive tried hundreds and its quite
>> > annoying, any help? thank you
>> > --
>> > tw

todd

Re: Vista Home premium media player problem
Well I got my speakers back on and there is no enhancements checked but the
songs are still skipping in the last 15 seconds of the songs :-(

when I followed your instructions I highlighted speakers but set default
button wouldnt light up, it was just gray, I had to double click speakers and
then enable that way.........any other ideas?
--
tw

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Control Panel > Sound > Playback Tab > right click and check both Show
> Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. Highlight Speakers and click
> Set Default button. Click Configure button and set up your speakers. Click
> Properties button and go through the tabs. On the Sounds tab, test your sounds.
>

> "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news9A0F56D-4FD3-4D89-9084-5850F78D2B7E@microsoft.com...
> > Im not too smart on this, now I have no sound, i think i disabled
> > somehting????? help
> > --
> > tw
> >

> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
> >
> >> If it is a Sigma Tel audio adapter, disable all Enhancements in Control Panel
> >> >
> >> Sound > Playback Tab > Speakers > Properties Tab

Cal Bear '66

Re: Vista Home premium media player problem
Who is your audio adapter manufacturer?
Do you have the latest driver software?

> Well I got my speakers back on and there is no enhancements checked but the
> songs are still skipping in the last 15 seconds of the songs :-(
>
> when I followed your instructions I highlighted speakers but set default
> button wouldnt light up, it was just gray, I had to double click speakers and
> then enable that way.........any other ideas?
> --
> tw
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Control Panel > Sound > Playback Tab > right click and check both Show
>> Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. Highlight Speakers and click
>> Set Default button. Click Configure button and set up your speakers. Click
>> Properties button and go through the tabs. On the Sounds tab, test your
>> sounds.
>>

>> "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news9A0F56D-4FD3-4D89-9084-5850F78D2B7E@microsoft.com...
>> > Im not too smart on this, now I have no sound, i think i disabled
>> > somehting????? help
>> > --
>> > tw

todd

Re: Vista Home premium media player problem
sigma tel high def codec, i just go the pc brand new and assume the driver is
new, ive no way of knowing that either, im not too pc savy
--
tw

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Who is your audio adapter manufacturer?
> Do you have the latest driver software?
>

> "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Well I got my speakers back on and there is no enhancements checked but the
> > songs are still skipping in the last 15 seconds of the songs :-(
> >
> > when I followed your instructions I highlighted speakers but set default
> > button wouldnt light up, it was just gray, I had to double click speakers and
> > then enable that way.........any other ideas?
> > --
> > tw
> >

> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
> >
> >> Control Panel > Sound > Playback Tab > right click and check both Show
> >> Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices. Highlight Speakers and click
> >> Set Default button. Click Configure button and set up your speakers. Click
> >> Properties button and go through the tabs. On the Sounds tab, test your
> >> sounds.
> >>

> >> "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news9A0F56D-4FD3-4D89-9084-5850F78D2B7E@microsoft.com...

Cal Bear '66

Re: Vista Home premium media player problem
I believe that Sigma Tel does not provide drivers for end users to directly
download. You should go to your pc manufacturer's site and see if they have any
new Vista drivers. Drivers are constantly being updated and just because you
have a new pc does not necessarily mean you have the latest drivers. I check
for new drivers every day and within the last month, Realtek has had two new
driver versions.

> sigma tel high def codec, i just go the pc brand new and assume the driver is
> new, ive no way of knowing that either, im not too pc savy
> --
> tw
>

> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Who is your audio adapter manufacturer?
>> Do you have the latest driver software?
>>

>> "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Well I got my speakers back on and there is no enhancements checked but the
>> > songs are still skipping in the last 15 seconds of the songs :-(
>> >
>> > when I followed your instructions I highlighted speakers but set default
>> > button wouldnt light up, it was just gray, I had to double click speakers
>> > and
>> > then enable that way.........any other ideas?
>> > --
>> > tw

Rock

Re: Vista Home premium media player problem
Thanks Cal Bear '66 - started noticing the same problem - this did the trick
--
YIKTS

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> If it is a Sigma Tel audio adapter, disable all Enhancements in Control Panel >
> Sound > Playback Tab > Speakers > Properties Tab
>

> "todd" <todd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a new dell pc xps 410 and when I play mp3 or wma's that work fine on
> > my xp windows media player on my other 2 pc's on the new vista home prem
> > media player towards the end of each song I play no matter which one it
> > stutters towards the end of the song, Ive tried hundreds and its quite
> > annoying, any help? thank you
> > --
> > tw

Cal Bear '66

Re: Vista Home premium media player problem
You're welcome.

Not really my solution, just have seen this problem pop up so often, and this
workaround seems to work most of the time.

Seems like ALL the audio adapter manufacturers are having difficulties with
problematic/incomplete drivers. hopefully they will work it out soon.