Audio is quicker than Video playback in Windows Media Vista

Squish

Audio is quicker than Video playback in Windows Media Vista
My videos are playing with the audio and video not in sync with one another.
The audio seems to be about 3 second earlier than the video, making for some
very annoying playback.

Any ideas why this may be happening?

dmex

Re: Audio is quicker than Video playback in Windows Media Vista

This has been a bug since the first builds of vista over 3 years ago...

Try this media player and see if you can play everything ok (link) :>
'Media Player Classic - Free Software Downloads and Software Reviews -
Download.com' (http://tinyurl.com/2x5tr3)

Vista has two versions of WMP you can try these codecs available from
(link) 'FileForum | Vista Codec Package x64 Components'
(http://tinyurl.com/2uaotl)

They are for the *X64* version of Windows Media Player... This version
has to be manually configured to run instead of the x32 version by
default. Use this Guide for infomation on how to switch the version of
wmp (link) http://tinyurl.com/278asb

OR

Open Windows Media Player and right-click the thick black bar in *a
empty*-space and goto the Tools-menu and open Options then click the
*Performance* tab, down the page under DVD and Video playback tick Drop
Frames to Keep Audio And Video sync

Media Classic should good good or the only other solution is change the
file properties and tick the box to disable "desktop composition" if all
the other methods dont work

--
dmex
Squish

Re: Audio is quicker than Video playback in Windows Media Vista
I tried dropping the frames, that did not work. I should point out this also
does the same thing in my nero player, so i do not think a different player
will work, but i will try that player you suggested anyways........this is
very frustrating.

> Open Windows Media Player and right-click the thick black bar in *a
> empty*-space and goto the Tools-menu and open Options then click the
> *Performance* tab, down the page under DVD and Video playback tick Drop
> Frames to Keep Audio And Video sync
>

> Media Classic should good good or the only other solution is change the
> file properties and tick the box to disable "desktop composition" if all
> the other methods dont work
>

> --
> dmex

Squish

Re: Audio is quicker than Video playback in Windows Media Vista
I downloaded this player named Gom or something, it works fine with this,
pretty sad when the program that comes with vista is screwy and you have to
find a free program somewhere else to get it to work properly...thanks gom,
hope microsoft fixes this problem because it is very frustrating, thanks for
the help

http://www.download.com/GOM-Media-Pl...ml?tag=lst-0-1
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Audio is quicker than Video playback in Windows Media Vista

What file types/formats are affected here? This is an atypical experience-
the question is what is unique about your system/playback scheme....

--
Speaking for myself only.