Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Can't open Movie Maker

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2007
Spoiledkraut
 

Posts: n/a
Can't open Movie Maker
I get this message when I want to open movie maker...General access denied.
How can I fix this?
I have Vista
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-14-2007
John B. Sandlin
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Can't open Movie Maker


"Spoiledkraut" wrote:

> I get this message when I want to open movie maker...General access denied.
> How can I fix this?
> I have Vista


I have the same problem on Windows Vista Home Premium. It's very
aggravating when piece of the operating system suddenly stop working for
unknown reasons. Searching the internet and Microsoft Knowledge Base reveals
nothing useful.

Vista Premium was not cheap and it should work! I don't know if an
automatic update broke the feature or some other change. Since I don't use
Movie Maker every day, I can't say when it stopped for sure, but when I tried
to use it, I had made no changes recently. I did have to repair my install
and go through the telephone support to re-activate Vista. Perhaps that's
when Movie Maker broke.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-15-2007
Spoiledkraut
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Can't open Movie Maker


"John B. Sandlin" wrote:

>
>
> "Spoiledkraut" wrote:
>
> > I get this message when I want to open movie maker...General access denied.
> > How can I fix this?
> > I have Vista

>
> I have the same problem on Windows Vista Home Premium. It's very
> aggravating when piece of the operating system suddenly stop working for
> unknown reasons. Searching the internet and Microsoft Knowledge Base reveals
> nothing useful.
>
> Vista Premium was not cheap and it should work! I don't know if an
> automatic update broke the feature or some other change. Since I don't use
> Movie Maker every day, I can't say when it stopped for sure, but when I tried
> to use it, I had made no changes recently. I did have to repair my install
> and go through the telephone support to re-activate Vista. Perhaps that's
> when Movie Maker broke.



Well, mine is fixed but it took a lot headache. Let me make explain a short
as I can. I bought my computer back in January and it came with the Vista
upgrade. When I got the upgrade in the mail I upgraded my system and it
seemed to work fine except for booting up or shutting down that would take
forever. Well, and then all of the sudden windows media player stopped
working and we called Dell. They tried to repair my system and it all went
downhill from there on. Nothing worked. It would not even boot up. Dell
suggested doing a clean install with Vista. Well after we installed it, it
seemed to be working okay, but never could open movie maker. I couldn’t even
install AIM and it gave me some other error massages. Very frustrated we
called Dell back and got lucky to get the right person on the phone. He said
Vista was not installed correctly and we needed to install XP first and then
Vista. My husband was on the phone with this Dell rep for over 4 hours and
everything is working wonderful. My computer even starts up very fast now and
movie maker works great again!
Sounds like you need to reinstall your Vista again also. Good Luck!



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-16-2007
John B. Sandlin
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Can't open Movie Maker

"Spoiledkraut" wrote:

> "John B. Sandlin" wrote:
> > "Spoiledkraut" wrote:
> > > [major snippage]

> He said
> Vista was not installed correctly and we needed to install XP first and then
> Vista. My husband was on the phone with this Dell rep for over 4 hours and
> everything is working wonderful. My computer even starts up very fast now and
> movie maker works great again!
> Sounds like you need to reinstall your Vista again also. Good Luck!


Thanks. Mine was an OEM install, so no bad install of XP underneath.... but
I'll give a re-install a shot. Meanwhile, Movie Maker does work on my XP
laptop - runs slow but runs!

jbs
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unable to open saved project in Movie Maker, HELP!! Heaven9Frogg microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 1 05-21-2007 21:09
Windows Movie Maker: can't save movie (already did papajohn suggestion) federico microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 10 04-22-2007 17:57
Disk space required for recording movie from Windows Movie Maker =?Utf-8?B?VmlzaGFs?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 4 04-17-2007 13:28
How do you send a movie maker movie via e-mail? =?Utf-8?B?YnJ3bklkc3d0aHJ0?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 6 04-17-2007 04:20
How to Apply the Themes in Movie Maker or DVD Maker ? =?Utf-8?B?U29ubnk=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 3 03-08-2007 20:21




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:54.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120