windows media player will not open?

cat_m is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
windows media player will not open?
I have been having problems with my laptop since trying to download the windows live essentials update. I was unable to update to the new WLE and got really frustated and deleted everything Windows live off my computer to try and successfully update this. I have a feeling this why I can no longer access Windows Media player on my laptop.

I still have the shortcuts to WMP but when I click on it, it appears to try and load but nothing happens. I have followed various threads about opening task manager, it's definatly not already running and I have also tried opening WMP as administrater but it still wont open. I was going to do a system restore to before I started trying to get the WLE update but it was over a week ago and I can only system restore up to 5 days ago!!
When I go to add/remove programs in control panel, it doesn't show Windows media player but when i try to download it again it says I already have a more updated version installed.

I will be so annoyed if I have now lost WMP as I had all my music neatly organised which took me ages to do.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated
Thanks

highlad is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: windows media player will not open?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_m View Post
[...]

I have had the same problem... tryed the same things and had the same result... i still dont know what caused it though but i do remember something about the update...

CRYSTALSKY is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: windows media player will not open?
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlad View Post
I have had the same problem... tryed the same things and had the same result... i still dont know what caused it though but i do remember something about the update...
you could restore you're PC back to a day when Media Centre was working fine.
Restoring my PC always seems to get me out of allot of troubles,..more times than i can think of!