Unable to open saved project in Movie Maker, HELP!!

Heaven9Frogg

Unable to open saved project in Movie Maker, HELP!!
I recently (last month) bought a new HP Pavalion a1730n with Windows Vista
Home Premium. I have been using Movie Maker and DVD Maker wihtout any
problems until today. Suddenly I am not able to open a previously saved
project file in movie maker! Here's what happens....I open Movie Maker, click
on File, Open, and double click the file. It begins to load the pictures that
are in the file (they show up in the storyboard), and then apparently just
stops. The mouse spins in its little circle, and the only way to close movie
maker is through task manager, end task. I've even waited up to an hour to
see if maybe it was just taking a super long time to open my project. It is
not a large file - only 100 photos which total about 8 min long. I have also
tried opening other projects that I had previously saved. It will not open
those either.

I called HP tech support and they can't help. They wanted to transfer me to
someplace where they'd charge me for it! Microsoft is closed until Monday. I
need to get working on this project now! And instead of spending the last two
hours working on the project, I've been searching the internet trying to find
a way to open my project!! If you have any suggestions, I would really
appreciate it.

Maybe Microsoft recently updated something in vista that screwed it up? Is
anyone else having this problem?
Heaven9Frogg

I fixed it! For anyone having the same problem here is what worked
I was able to solve the problem, and want to post it here for anyone having
the same thing happen.

Here is exactly what I did:
Open Movie Maker
Click on import Pictures
Pick a random picture to add
MM was in storyboard view, so I switched to timeline just to try something I
hadn't tried yet
Drag random picture to the timeline
THEN...click File, then went down the list list of recent files and clicked
the one I've been unable to open.

It loaded perfectly in 2 seconds!

I think the big thing to note of here is that I was able to open the project
file when I switched to timeline mode before I attempted to open. It would be
great if others would try opening a project file in storyboard view and see
if it will freeze.

Also, HP support is completely worthless. I have called them twice with this
issue and each time I get someone who speaks very broken English and can't
help me unless they charge me $69.99 and send me to their technical expert
team. HA whatever. Microsoft couldn't help because HP bought the rights to
support their software. They only wanted to charge me $59.99 though. I will
never buy an HP again.