Kodak Easy Share Gallery

Ryka

Kodak Easy Share Gallery
I am unable to download the latest software for Kodak Easy Share Gallery,
which is supposed to be compatible with Vista. Every time the download
starts I get a message that Windows has encountered a program and will close
the program. When a solution is found, etc. Thought maybe this was Norton
and I shut down the firewall, etc. to test it, but, it's a no go. Please
help if you can. I need to upload some photos to be able to send them.

Dave

Re: Kodak Easy Share Gallery
You can still upload via the web... http://www.kodakgallery.com/Welcome.jsp

I just downloaded that software and installed it ok.

Now I've got :
Windows Photo Gallery
Picasa2
Olympus Master

all doing the same thing... ;-)

"Ryka" <Ryka@dancin'shoes.com> wrote in message
>I am unable to download the latest software for Kodak Easy Share Gallery,
>which is supposed to be compatible with Vista. Every time the download
>starts I get a message that Windows has encountered a program and will
>close the program. When a solution is found, etc. Thought maybe this was
>Norton and I shut down the firewall, etc. to test it, but, it's a no go.
>Please help if you can. I need to upload some photos to be able to send
>them.

Ryka

Re: Kodak Easy Share Gallery
I went to their website again, but...I don't see a place where it says to
download the software. The software that came with the camera was version
6.0 and the new version (Vista) is 6.2.2. I cannot find where to download
this updated software.

"Dave" <dave@roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> You can still upload via the web...
> http://www.kodakgallery.com/Welcome.jsp
>

> I just downloaded that software and installed it ok.
>
> Now I've got :
> Windows Photo Gallery
> Picasa2
> Olympus Master
>
> all doing the same thing... ;-)
>

> "Ryka" <Ryka@dancin'shoes.com> wrote in message
>>I am unable to download the latest software for Kodak Easy Share Gallery,
>>which is supposed to be compatible with Vista. Every time the download
>>starts I get a message that Windows has encountered a program and will
>>close the program. When a solution is found, etc. Thought maybe this was
>>Norton and I shut down the firewall, etc. to test it, but, it's a no go.
>>Please help if you can. I need to upload some photos to be able to send
>>them.

Ryka

Re: Kodak Easy Share Gallery
Reply #2 - I think the software on here is now updated to 6.2.2, so maybe
that isn't my problem. I have the photos transferred from my camera to the
gallery on the computer, but they do not show up as an album on the website
gallery - in order to be viewed by friends. Everytime I try to upload photos
it repeats to do it again and there is no way to display them. Hope you can
help me. Thanks!!

"Dave" <dave@roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> You can still upload via the web...
> http://www.kodakgallery.com/Welcome.jsp
>

> I just downloaded that software and installed it ok.
>
> Now I've got :
> Windows Photo Gallery
> Picasa2
> Olympus Master
>
> all doing the same thing... ;-)
>

> "Ryka" <Ryka@dancin'shoes.com> wrote in message
>>I am unable to download the latest software for Kodak Easy Share Gallery,
>>which is supposed to be compatible with Vista. Every time the download
>>starts I get a message that Windows has encountered a program and will
>>close the program. When a solution is found, etc. Thought maybe this was
>>Norton and I shut down the firewall, etc. to test it, but, it's a no go.
>>Please help if you can. I need to upload some photos to be able to send
>>them.

Cal Bear '66

Re: Kodak Easy Share Gallery
http://www.kodak.com/global/en/servi...l?pq-path=9376

>I went to their website again, but...I don't see a place where it says to
>download the software. The software that came with the camera was version 6.0
>and the new version (Vista) is 6.2.2. I cannot find where to download this
>updated software.
>

> "Dave" <dave@roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>> You can still upload via the web... http://www.kodakgallery.com/Welcome.jsp
>>

>> I just downloaded that software and installed it ok.
>>
>> Now I've got :
>> Windows Photo Gallery
>> Picasa2
>> Olympus Master
>>
>> all doing the same thing... ;-)
>>

>> "Ryka" <Ryka@dancin'shoes.com> wrote in message
>>>I am unable to download the latest software for Kodak Easy Share Gallery,
>>>which is supposed to be compatible with Vista. Every time the download starts
>>>I get a message that Windows has encountered a program and will close the
>>>program. When a solution is found, etc. Thought maybe this was Norton and I
>>>shut down the firewall, etc. to test it, but, it's a no go. Please help if
>>>you can. I need to upload some photos to be able to send them.

Ryka

Re: Kodak Easy Share Gallery
Thank you. Thank you. This did the trick!!!

"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
> http://www.kodak.com/global/en/servi...l?pq-path=9376
>

> "Ryka" <Ryka@dancin'shoes.com> wrote in message
>>I went to their website again, but...I don't see a place where it says to
>>download the software. The software that came with the camera was version
>>6.0 and the new version (Vista) is 6.2.2. I cannot find where to download
>>this updated software.
>>

>> "Dave" <dave@roadrunner.com> wrote in message
>>> You can still upload via the web...
>>> http://www.kodakgallery.com/Welcome.jsp
>>>

>>> I just downloaded that software and installed it ok.
>>>
>>> Now I've got :
>>> Windows Photo Gallery
>>> Picasa2
>>> Olympus Master
>>>
>>> all doing the same thing... ;-)

Cal Bear '66

Re: Kodak Easy Share Gallery
You're welcome.

In the future, there is a Check for Updates item in the Toolbars' Help item.

Enjoy!

> Thank you. Thank you. This did the trick!!!
>

> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>> http://www.kodak.com/global/en/servi...l?pq-path=9376
>>

>> "Ryka" <Ryka@dancin'shoes.com> wrote in message
>>>I went to their website again, but...I don't see a place where it says to
>>>download the software. The software that came with the camera was version 6.0
>>>and the new version (Vista) is 6.2.2. I cannot find where to download this
>>>updated software.

Ryka

Re: Kodak Easy Share Gallery

> You're welcome.
>
> In the future, there is a Check for Updates item in the Toolbars' Help
> item.
>
> Enjoy!

That was the strange part - When I installed the software that came with the
camera (C875 digital zoom) it asked if I wanted to check for an updated
version and I selected "yes" - but it wouldn't install. Then I tried to find
the place on the website to download the latest version but couldn't find
it. With your help it installed without Windows telling me that it was not
responding and would close the program. In the future I will check the
Toolbar Help - thanks for your advice. The pictures got sent and everyone
says thanks!