Desktop Wallpaper not working

Sheree

Desktop Wallpaper not working
I am having trouble getting my desktop wallpaper to work. I had no problems
previously, now I can no longer get any picture, I can only just change the
desktop background color. Any suggestions?
Donal21

RE: Desktop Wallpaper not working
Hi, I am having the exact same problem. Did you receive any solution Sheree?

"Sheree" wrote:

> I am having trouble getting my desktop wallpaper to work. I had no problems
> previously, now I can no longer get any picture, I can only just change the
> desktop background color. Any suggestions?

witsend

RE: Desktop Wallpaper not working
I am also having this problem. If you make the sidebar permanent on the
desktop you can see the wallpaper behind the gadgets. but the solid color
does not go away when you select a wallpaper.

"Donal21" wrote:

> Hi, I am having the exact same problem. Did you receive any solution Sheree?
>
> "Sheree" wrote:
>
> > I am having trouble getting my desktop wallpaper to work. I had no problems
> > previously, now I can no longer get any picture, I can only just change the
> > desktop background color. Any suggestions?

MikeMcNamara

RE: Desktop Wallpaper not working
Had the same problem. Vista is evil. This worked for me:

In control panel go to ease of access center
At the bottom, choose "Make it easier to focus on tasks"
Under "Reading" see if "Remove background images" box is checked.
If it is, uncheck it and that should get your desktop wallpaper back.

Best of Luck

"Sheree" wrote:

> I am having trouble getting my desktop wallpaper to work. I had no problems
> previously, now I can no longer get any picture, I can only just change the
> desktop background color. Any suggestions?

Putu

RE: Desktop Wallpaper not working
It happends to me also,i tried what you suggested but it wasn't checked.
huh.. so frustrating.... vista sucks

"MikeMcNamara" wrote:

> Had the same problem. Vista is evil. This worked for me:
>
> In control panel go to ease of access center
> At the bottom, choose "Make it easier to focus on tasks"
> Under "Reading" see if "Remove background images" box is checked.
> If it is, uncheck it and that should get your desktop wallpaper back.
>
> Best of Luck
>

> "Sheree" wrote:
>
> > I am having trouble getting my desktop wallpaper to work. I had no problems
> > previously, now I can no longer get any picture, I can only just change the
> > desktop background color. Any suggestions?

redheaded_lady_firefighter

RE: Desktop Wallpaper not working
My computer just started having the same issue. i tried what was suggested
also but it didn't work.

"Putu" wrote:

> It happends to me also,i tried what you suggested but it wasn't checked.
> huh.. so frustrating.... vista sucks
>
> "MikeMcNamara" wrote:
>
> > Had the same problem. Vista is evil. This worked for me:
> >
> > In control panel go to ease of access center
> > At the bottom, choose "Make it easier to focus on tasks"
> > Under "Reading" see if "Remove background images" box is checked.
> > If it is, uncheck it and that should get your desktop wallpaper back.
> >
> > Best of Luck
> >

> > "Sheree" wrote:
> >
> > > I am having trouble getting my desktop wallpaper to work. I had no problems
> > > previously, now I can no longer get any picture, I can only just change the
> > > desktop background color. Any suggestions?

Lisa

RE: Desktop Wallpaper not working
We are having the same problem too. We also tried the suggestion in this
thread and it didn't work. It worked fine since we got the computer in
September and 2 months later we're having problems. You can see the
wallpaper selections in the display settings but they won't apply. Even our
own pictures won't apply. Are we stuck with solid colors forever?

"redheaded_lady_firefighter" wrote:

> My computer just started having the same issue. i tried what was suggested
> also but it didn't work.
>
> "Putu" wrote:
>
> > It happends to me also,i tried what you suggested but it wasn't checked.
> > huh.. so frustrating.... vista sucks
> >
> > "MikeMcNamara" wrote:
> >
> > > Had the same problem. Vista is evil. This worked for me:
> > >
> > > In control panel go to ease of access center
> > > At the bottom, choose "Make it easier to focus on tasks"
> > > Under "Reading" see if "Remove background images" box is checked.
> > > If it is, uncheck it and that should get your desktop wallpaper back.
> > >
> > > Best of Luck

ammndam

RE: Desktop Wallpaper not working
the same thing has happenedto me and i am getting very upset with windows
vista makes me want to get windows xp this really sucks

"Lisa" wrote:

> We are having the same problem too. We also tried the suggestion in this
> thread and it didn't work. It worked fine since we got the computer in
> September and 2 months later we're having problems. You can see the
> wallpaper selections in the display settings but they won't apply. Even our
> own pictures won't apply. Are we stuck with solid colors forever?
>
> "redheaded_lady_firefighter" wrote:
>
> > My computer just started having the same issue. i tried what was suggested
> > also but it didn't work.
> >
> > "Putu" wrote:
> >
> > > It happends to me also,i tried what you suggested but it wasn't checked.
> > > huh.. so frustrating.... vista sucks

ammndam

RE: Desktop Wallpaper not working
try this one it worked for me click start-type run
type-regedit,,,go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER,,select
software,Microsoft,Windows,CurrentVersion,Polices
then delete all folders related to wallpaper and/or activedesktop or delete
all keys
hope it workes for you all

"ammndam" wrote:

> the same thing has happenedto me and i am getting very upset with windows
> vista makes me want to get windows xp this really sucks
>
> "Lisa" wrote:
>
> > We are having the same problem too. We also tried the suggestion in this
> > thread and it didn't work. It worked fine since we got the computer in
> > September and 2 months later we're having problems. You can see the
> > wallpaper selections in the display settings but they won't apply. Even our
> > own pictures won't apply. Are we stuck with solid colors forever?
> >
> > "redheaded_lady_firefighter" wrote:
> >
> > > My computer just started having the same issue. i tried what was suggested
> > > also but it didn't work.

Giggles

RE: Desktop Wallpaper not working
I got my old screensaver back, but now I can not change it...I am locked out
as well and i do not know what to do, I even went as far as restoring to an
earlier date.