ZUNE PLAYER WONTSEARCH THE MARKET PLACE.....

Memphisraiderette

ZUNE PLAYER WONTSEARCH THE MARKET PLACE.....
Ok after downloading the correct version directly fom the zune website my
player wouldn't update the firmware so I found a friend with the software
installed on an xp, signed in as a guest and updated my firmware on the Zune
after coming home and connecting ( everything went good ) and synced with my
player. I bought points and proceeded to the marketplace to search for more
songs I wanted only to find my player wont search the marketplace.....It will
only search my library. After talking to Microsoft they said it was DELL ( I
bought my computer April 6th 2007 with Vista Home Premium preinstalled)Dell
said it was fine and to call Zune. Well 4 hours later with tech support it
still wont search the Marketplace and Zune said Microsoft has a vista
download n their site for Zune but it can only be gotten through the systems
( Vista) updater and when I check for it, it never comes up. HELP ME
PLEASE.......any ideas.
zachd [MSFT]

Re: ZUNE PLAYER WONTSEARCH THE MARKET PLACE.....

If you go to Zune's Help:About Zune:Technical Support Information menu tool,
what version does it say it is at the top, and what version does it say
zunemarketplace.dll is?

I believe the current version is 1.3.5728.0 . The Zune support staff is
probably the best place to seek resolution for Zune-related errors. =\

-Zach
--
Speaking for myself only.
"Memphisraiderette" <Memphisraiderette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> Ok after downloading the correct version directly fom the zune website my
> player wouldn't update the firmware so I found a friend with the software
> installed on an xp, signed in as a guest and updated my firmware on the
> Zune
> after coming home and connecting ( everything went good ) and synced with
> my
> player. I bought points and proceeded to the marketplace to search for
> more
> songs I wanted only to find my player wont search the marketplace.....It
> will
> only search my library. After talking to Microsoft they said it was DELL
> ( I
> bought my computer April 6th 2007 with Vista Home Premium
> preinstalled)Dell
> said it was fine and to call Zune. Well 4 hours later with tech support it
> still wont search the Marketplace and Zune said Microsoft has a vista
> download n their site for Zune but it can only be gotten through the
> systems
> ( Vista) updater and when I check for it, it never comes up. HELP ME
> PLEASE.......any ideas.

Memphisraiderette

Re: ZUNE PLAYER WONTSEARCH THE MARKET PLACE.....
tHAT IS THE VERSION i AM RUNNING AND i HAVE BEEN BUMPED TO A TEIR 2 TECH
NOW.....THEY DONT HAVE A CLUE

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> If you go to Zune's Help:About Zune:Technical Support Information menu tool,
> what version does it say it is at the top, and what version does it say
> zunemarketplace.dll is?
>
> I believe the current version is 1.3.5728.0 . The Zune support staff is
> probably the best place to seek resolution for Zune-related errors. =\
>
> -Zach
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "Memphisraiderette" <Memphisraiderette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news9680B5D-A366-404F-B74E-B87B1D9D5E98@microsoft.com...
> > Ok after downloading the correct version directly fom the zune website my
> > player wouldn't update the firmware so I found a friend with the software
> > installed on an xp, signed in as a guest and updated my firmware on the
> > Zune
> > after coming home and connecting ( everything went good ) and synced with
> > my
> > player. I bought points and proceeded to the marketplace to search for
> > more
> > songs I wanted only to find my player wont search the marketplace.....It
> > will
> > only search my library. After talking to Microsoft they said it was DELL
> > ( I
> > bought my computer April 6th 2007 with Vista Home Premium
> > preinstalled)Dell
> > said it was fine and to call Zune. Well 4 hours later with tech support it
> > still wont search the Marketplace and Zune said Microsoft has a vista
> > download n their site for Zune but it can only be gotten through the
> > systems
> > ( Vista) updater and when I check for it, it never comes up. HELP ME
> > PLEASE.......any ideas.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: ZUNE PLAYER WONTSEARCH THE MARKET PLACE.....

If you rename the "Zune" folder under "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft" to
Zune.bak , does this then work again?

--
message news:749314CA-46B3-4367-AAE9-F8DBDCB156DD@microsoft.com...
> tHAT IS THE VERSION i AM RUNNING AND i HAVE BEEN BUMPED TO A TEIR 2 TECH
> NOW.....THEY DONT HAVE A CLUE
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> If you go to Zune's Help:About Zune:Technical Support Information menu
>> tool,
>> what version does it say it is at the top, and what version does it say
>> zunemarketplace.dll is?
>>
>> I believe the current version is 1.3.5728.0 . The Zune support staff is
>> probably the best place to seek resolution for Zune-related errors. =\
>>
>> -Zach
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>> "Memphisraiderette" <Memphisraiderette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news9680B5D-A366-404F-B74E-B87B1D9D5E98@microsoft.com...
>> > Ok after downloading the correct version directly fom the zune website
>> > my
>> > player wouldn't update the firmware so I found a friend with the
>> > software
>> > installed on an xp, signed in as a guest and updated my firmware on the
>> > Zune
>> > after coming home and connecting ( everything went good ) and synced
>> > with
>> > my
>> > player. I bought points and proceeded to the marketplace to search for
>> > more
>> > songs I wanted only to find my player wont search the
>> > marketplace.....It
>> > will
>> > only search my library. After talking to Microsoft they said it was
>> > DELL
>> > ( I
>> > bought my computer April 6th 2007 with Vista Home Premium
>> > preinstalled)Dell
>> > said it was fine and to call Zune. Well 4 hours later with tech support
>> > it
>> > still wont search the Marketplace and Zune said Microsoft has a vista
>> > download n their site for Zune but it can only be gotten through the
>> > systems
>> > ( Vista) updater and when I check for it, it never comes up. HELP ME
>> > PLEASE.......any ideas.

Memphisraiderette

Re: ZUNE PLAYER WONTSEARCH THE MARKET PLACE.....
Could you please wal me throh that step by step ....I found a couple of those
zune folers in different places andI dont want to do the wrong thing....Thank
You