DVD Maker error after 99 percent

rwh

DVD Maker error after 99 percent
I recorded three 30 minute T.V. shows through WMC. When I attempt to create
a DVD of the dvr-ms files through DVD maker, the menu, scene selection and
previews work fine. When I select to burn the DVD, it encodes fine then
begins to burn the DVD. When it gets to 99 percent a couple or few hours
later, It ejects the disc and says there was an error creating the DVD.

There are no specifics as to what the error was, it does not ask to send an
error report and there is nothing in the Problem Reports and Solutions.

I have a brand new "out of the box" HP computer with Vista Home Premuim 32
bit. I haven't loaded any video software on the computer. It is as I
bought it.

Thanks

slmgonz

RE: DVD Maker error after 99 percent
I also have a brand new HP with Vista Home Premium and have the same exact
problem burning recorded TV to DVD. I hope someone can help.

"rwh" wrote:

> I recorded three 30 minute T.V. shows through WMC. When I attempt to create
> a DVD of the dvr-ms files through DVD maker, the menu, scene selection and
> previews work fine. When I select to burn the DVD, it encodes fine then
> begins to burn the DVD. When it gets to 99 percent a couple or few hours
> later, It ejects the disc and says there was an error creating the DVD.
>
> There are no specifics as to what the error was, it does not ask to send an
> error report and there is nothing in the Problem Reports and Solutions.
>
> I have a brand new "out of the box" HP computer with Vista Home Premuim 32
> bit. I haven't loaded any video software on the computer. It is as I
> bought it.
>
> Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Graham Hughes

Re: DVD Maker error after 99 percent
Can you make a dvd with any other files? From camcorder etc?

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"rwh" <notgiven@not.com> wrote in message
>I recorded three 30 minute T.V. shows through WMC. When I attempt to
>create a DVD of the dvr-ms files through DVD maker, the menu, scene
>selection and previews work fine. When I select to burn the DVD, it
>encodes fine then begins to burn the DVD. When it gets to 99 percent a
>couple or few hours later, It ejects the disc and says there was an error
>creating the DVD.
>
> There are no specifics as to what the error was, it does not ask to send
> an error report and there is nothing in the Problem Reports and Solutions.
>
> I have a brand new "out of the box" HP computer with Vista Home Premuim 32
> bit. I haven't loaded any video software on the computer. It is as I
> bought it.
>
> Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks

rwh

Re: DVD Maker error after 99 percent
I cannot burn any video. I tried a 12 minute MPG file and got the same
error. I tried it with record speed on medium and then again on slow and
still the error.

This is really frustrating.

"Graham Hughes" <graham.hughes@dvds2treasure.co.uk> wrote in message
> Can you make a dvd with any other files? From camcorder etc?
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>

> "rwh" <notgiven@not.com> wrote in message
>>I recorded three 30 minute T.V. shows through WMC. When I attempt to
>>create a DVD of the dvr-ms files through DVD maker, the menu, scene
>>selection and previews work fine. When I select to burn the DVD, it
>>encodes fine then begins to burn the DVD. When it gets to 99 percent a
>>couple or few hours later, It ejects the disc and says there was an error
>>creating the DVD.
>>
>> There are no specifics as to what the error was, it does not ask to send
>> an error report and there is nothing in the Problem Reports and
>> Solutions.
>>
>> I have a brand new "out of the box" HP computer with Vista Home Premuim
>> 32 bit. I haven't loaded any video software on the computer. It is as I
>> bought it.
>>
>> Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks

rwh

Re: DVD Maker error after 99 percent
I think I finally figured it out:

A short time ago, when I would try to make a DVD through DVD maker, I would
import the video files and then press the preview button then DVD maker
would give this error:
This problem was caused by lmpgspl.ax (Follow the steps in the article to
unregister this binary, e.g. regsvr32 /u lmpgspl.ax). lmpgspl.ax (Follow the
steps in the article to unregister this binary, e.g. regsvr32 /u lmpgspl.ax)
was created by Ligos Corporation

I received the same error for lmpgd10.ax.

Following the advice I saw in the error message and in the Problem Reports
and Solutions, I ran regsvr32/u on these files and unregistered them:
lmpgvd.ax
lmpgspl.ax
lmpgd10.ax

I believe that I unregistered all the files in C:\Windows\System32 that
began with lmp and had the .ax extention. There were two others besides the
the above.

A couple of days ago, HP released an update that resolved the issue with
lmpgspl.ax and lmpgd10.ax. I installed that update. Now, I re-registered
all of those files, and everything seems to be fine.

I just made a DVD with a recorded TV segment from Media Center, a captured
MPG from a camcorder and a WMV file I downloaded from the internet.

I am happy now.

>I cannot burn any video. I tried a 12 minute MPG file and got the same
>error. I tried it with record speed on medium and then again on slow and
>still the error.
>
> This is really frustrating.
>

> "Graham Hughes" <graham.hughes@dvds2treasure.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Can you make a dvd with any other files? From camcorder etc?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP Digital Media
>> www.myvideoproblems.com
>>

>> "rwh" <notgiven@not.com> wrote in message
>>>I recorded three 30 minute T.V. shows through WMC. When I attempt to
>>>create a DVD of the dvr-ms files through DVD maker, the menu, scene
>>>selection and previews work fine. When I select to burn the DVD, it
>>>encodes fine then begins to burn the DVD. When it gets to 99 percent a
>>>couple or few hours later, It ejects the disc and says there was an error
>>>creating the DVD.
>>>
>>> There are no specifics as to what the error was, it does not ask to send
>>> an error report and there is nothing in the Problem Reports and
>>> Solutions.
>>>
>>> I have a brand new "out of the box" HP computer with Vista Home Premuim
>>> 32 bit. I haven't loaded any video software on the computer. It is as
>>> I bought it.
>>>
>>> Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks

Graham Hughes

Re: DVD Maker error after 99 percent
Excellent, thanks for the detailed reply with the answer.

Graham

--

news22C7B4B-9CF3-43D8-82B8-8CCC547694E4@microsoft.com...
>I think I finally figured it out:
>
> A short time ago, when I would try to make a DVD through DVD maker, I
> would import the video files and then press the preview button then DVD
> maker would give this error:
> This problem was caused by lmpgspl.ax (Follow the steps in the article to
> unregister this binary, e.g. regsvr32 /u lmpgspl.ax). lmpgspl.ax (Follow
> the steps in the article to unregister this binary, e.g. regsvr32 /u
> lmpgspl.ax) was created by Ligos Corporation
>
> I received the same error for lmpgd10.ax.
>
> Following the advice I saw in the error message and in the Problem Reports
> and Solutions, I ran regsvr32/u on these files and unregistered them:
> lmpgvd.ax
> lmpgspl.ax
> lmpgd10.ax
>
> I believe that I unregistered all the files in C:\Windows\System32 that
> began with lmp and had the .ax extention. There were two others besides
> the the above.
>
> A couple of days ago, HP released an update that resolved the issue with
> lmpgspl.ax and lmpgd10.ax. I installed that update. Now, I re-registered
> all of those files, and everything seems to be fine.
>
> I just made a DVD with a recorded TV segment from Media Center, a
> captured MPG from a camcorder and a WMV file I downloaded from the
> internet.
>
> I am happy now.
>
> "rwh" <notgiven@not.com> wrote in message
>>I cannot burn any video. I tried a 12 minute MPG file and got the same
>>error. I tried it with record speed on medium and then again on slow and
>>still the error.
>>
>> This is really frustrating.
>>

>> "Graham Hughes" <graham.hughes@dvds2treasure.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Can you make a dvd with any other files? From camcorder etc?
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Graham Hughes
>>> MVP Digital Media
>>> www.myvideoproblems.com

Stinger

Re: DVD Maker error after 99 percent
I am having the same problem, where did you find the HP Update?

"rwh" wrote:

> I think I finally figured it out:
>
> A short time ago, when I would try to make a DVD through DVD maker, I would
> import the video files and then press the preview button then DVD maker
> would give this error:
> This problem was caused by lmpgspl.ax (Follow the steps in the article to
> unregister this binary, e.g. regsvr32 /u lmpgspl.ax). lmpgspl.ax (Follow the
> steps in the article to unregister this binary, e.g. regsvr32 /u lmpgspl.ax)
> was created by Ligos Corporation
>
> I received the same error for lmpgd10.ax.
>
> Following the advice I saw in the error message and in the Problem Reports
> and Solutions, I ran regsvr32/u on these files and unregistered them:
> lmpgvd.ax
> lmpgspl.ax
> lmpgd10.ax
>
> I believe that I unregistered all the files in C:\Windows\System32 that
> began with lmp and had the .ax extention. There were two others besides the
> the above.
>
> A couple of days ago, HP released an update that resolved the issue with
> lmpgspl.ax and lmpgd10.ax. I installed that update. Now, I re-registered
> all of those files, and everything seems to be fine.
>
> I just made a DVD with a recorded TV segment from Media Center, a captured
> MPG from a camcorder and a WMV file I downloaded from the internet.
>
> I am happy now.
>
> "rwh" <notgiven@not.com> wrote in message
> >I cannot burn any video. I tried a 12 minute MPG file and got the same
> >error. I tried it with record speed on medium and then again on slow and
> >still the error.
> >
> > This is really frustrating.
> >

> > "Graham Hughes" <graham.hughes@dvds2treasure.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> Can you make a dvd with any other files? From camcorder etc?
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Graham Hughes
> >> MVP Digital Media
> >> www.myvideoproblems.com

rwh

Re: DVD Maker error after 99 percent
The update I received was in an HP auto update. Here is a link to the
update on the HP web page:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/g...reg_R1002_USEN

It is an Intel ViiV Software update. You must have a ViiV-enabled HP
computer. Mine gas a sticker on the front that says Intel ViiV.

If you unregistered any of the .ax files using regsvr32, you will probably
need to re-register them after you run the update.

Hope it helps.