Thumbnails not generating

Aly Nada

Thumbnails not generating

Ok so here is my story:
I have tons of videos on my laptop (vista Home premium 64-bit) pretty
much all of them are avi and they all had thumbnails
One day i went on a program deleting rampage to delete useless and old
programs, and after that the videos still had thumbnails.
A few days after that i got a folder full of videos from a friend (avi
also) but they had no thumbnails, in attempts to generate them from
internet forums i checked the option to hide thumbnails and then
unchecked it again. My old thumbnails dissapeared and did not come
back... its very annoying have so many videos and not having thumbnails
on them.
I'm pretty sure it's something i uninstalled... i installed ffdshow and
many other codecs to try to fix the problem still nothing
I would REALLY REALLY appreciate the help!
Thanks in advance

--
Aly Nada
dbknox

Re: Thumbnails not generating

Aly Nada;1267350 Wrote:
> Ok so here is my story:
> I have tons of videos on my laptop (vista Home premium 64-bit) pretty
> much all of them are avi and they all had thumbnails
> One day i went on a program deleting rampage to delete useless and old
> programs, and after that the videos still had thumbnails.
> A few days after that i got a folder full of videos from a friend (avi
> also) but they had no thumbnails, in attempts to generate them from
> internet forums i checked the option to hide thumbnails and then
> unchecked it again. My old thumbnails dissapeared and did not come
> back... its very annoying have so many videos and not having thumbnails
> on them.
> I'm pretty sure it's something i uninstalled... i installed ffdshow and
> many other codecs to try to fix the problem still nothing
> I would REALLY REALLY appreciate the help!
> Thanks in advance

Just an idea, when you click on "view" in the folder what do you see in
the menu list? Ie: Tiles, list, detail, small icons etc. It may be just
a matter of clicking on one of the icons..small,medium or large. They do
have a bad habit of resetting, I sure hope this is the problem and not
something more serious.

--
dbknox
Aly Nada

Re: Thumbnails not generating

no its not that

Aly Nada;1268676 Wrote:
> no its not that

Well, sorry to hear that,*Aly Nada*. After doing a search on google I
found the following fixes, that I would have suggested for you to try,
giving you the link saves me a lot of typing, I hope one of the
solutions help you.
'Vista not generating thumbnails - Vista Help'
(http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/702036.htm)
Good luck, let us know how you make out, please.

--
dbknox

jzrit580 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Thumbnails not generating
Hey I had the same problem. It was driving me crazy... try this post: Video Thumbnails in Explorer - Page 2 - Vista Forums ... it's on page 2. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aly Nada View Post