What's the deal with all this "super" searching in Vista?

Byron Followell

What's the deal with all this "super" searching in Vista?
What's the deal with all this "super" searching in Vista that appparently
doesn't work for me?

I've added tags, captions and other metadata to many of my photos. However,
none of these photos show up when I perform a search. I'm sure I'm probably
doing something wrong but I have no idea what it is. One thing I should
mention is that I'm not using the normal Windows Vista photo locations.
They're all in another directory on one of my larger drives. Isn't Vista
supposed to index all drives/driectories, or do I need to set that up
somewhere?

All I know is that all the reviews and demos of this new Vista made it look
so easy to just enter a name or keyword and find anything on your computer
related to it and I'm not having any luck at all. If anyone has any ideas,
I'd be most appreciative. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
- Byron Followell

dean-dean

Re: What's the deal with all this "super" searching in Vista?
Yes, you need to set that up using Control Panel > Indexing Options. By
default, Search only indexes those items under C:\Users. Click on Modify to
add the other locations that you want indexed, using the dialog's directory
tree/checkmark system.

"Byron Followell" <ByronFollowell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:1638FEDA-864C-4C97-8A73-13091C7A000B@microsoft.com...
> What's the deal with all this "super" searching in Vista that appparently
> doesn't work for me?
>
> I've added tags, captions and other metadata to many of my photos.
> However,
> none of these photos show up when I perform a search. I'm sure I'm
> probably
> doing something wrong but I have no idea what it is. One thing I should
> mention is that I'm not using the normal Windows Vista photo locations.
> They're all in another directory on one of my larger drives. Isn't Vista
> supposed to index all drives/driectories, or do I need to set that up
> somewhere?
>
> All I know is that all the reviews and demos of this new Vista made it
> look
> so easy to just enter a name or keyword and find anything on your computer
> related to it and I'm not having any luck at all. If anyone has any ideas,
> I'd be most appreciative. Thanks in advance.
>
> Sincerely,
> - Byron Followell

Byron Followell

Re: What's the deal with all this "super" searching in Vista?
Thanks loads. As frustrated as I was, I figured it was something I was doing
(or not doing). Thanks again.

- Byron