Wmp/wmc

harbornexxp is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wmp/wmc
Hi I'm new to this site and hope somebody can help me. I'd just like to know why Media Player and Media Centre do not appear to talk to each other, as WMC will not display music I have downloaded from CDs. Also, do I have to use itunes to download music? I've downloaded one track and clicked on it to play; WMC opened but no sign of the music I wanted to play! I'm totally confused with this Vista thing and am due throwing a wobbly!

Thanks.

harbornexxp
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Wmp/wmc

How are you downloading them?

If you're downloading it via iTunes, what file format is it? It may not
be directly supported by Windows Media Player in Windows Vista. Windows
7 expands the supported file types, but does not play protected MPEG4
audio files if that's what you're trying to do.

--
Speaking for myself only.

On 5/8/2010 1:01 PM, harbornexxp wrote:
> Hi I'm new to this site and hope somebody can help me. I'd just like to
> know why Media Player and Media Centre do not appear to talk to each
> other, as WMC will not display music I have downloaded from CDs. Also,
> do I have to use itunes to download music? I've downloaded one track
> and clicked on it to play; WMC opened but no sign of the music I wanted
> to play! I'm totally confused with this Vista thing and am due throwing
> a wobbly!
>
> Thanks.
>
> harbornexxp

harbornexxp is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Wmp/wmc
Thanks for your reply zachd. I'm going to follow your advice in regard to making WMPx64 my default player and keep my fingers crossed this will work. I was downloading mp3s from Ares which works perfectly on my desktop and hopefully this will work on x64 too. Thanks again.

harbornexxp