No Playback Sound for MIDI in Media Center

wenzows

No Playback Sound for MIDI in Media Center
When I open a midi file in Media center the software appears to be playing
the file, but there is no sound output. Playing the same file in Media Center
causes it to be played back exactly as expected.

I'm running Vista Home Premium. Does anyone have any ideas?
i am having the exact problem.

RE: No Playback Sound for MIDI in Media Center

"wenzows" wrote:

> When I open a midi file in Media center the software appears to be playing
> the file, but there is no sound output. Playing the same file in Media Center
> causes it to be played back exactly as expected.
>
> I'm running Vista Home Premium. Does anyone have any ideas?

dwsolo

RE: No Playback Sound for MIDI in Media Center
The "new post" button doesn't work in this forum so I'm posting here since my
problem is similar
I have Vista home premium 64 bit, the sound card (which is incorporated in
the motherboard COnRoe945G-DVI (by AsRock)) is working correctly and the
drivers for it are reported as being up to date. The machine plays wav files
and mp3 files perfectly well. The one thing that doesn't work is that when
Windows Media player plays MIDI files no sound comes out (the slider on the
player shows that it is playing the file - just silently).

This suggests to me either that some midi driver is missing or that the
default soundfont for midi is not properly installed. I can't find out which
or how to correct the problem.

Can anyone help please?

--
Kind regards
David

"i am having the exact problem." wrote:

> "wenzows" wrote:
>
> > When I open a midi file in Media center the software appears to be playing
> > the file, but there is no sound output. Playing the same file in Media Center
> > causes it to be played back exactly as expected.
> >
> > I'm running Vista Home Premium. Does anyone have any ideas?

dwsolo

RE: No Playback Sound for MIDI in Media Center
can anyone please help regarding this midi problem?
--
Kind regards
David