Windows Photo Gallery

Windows photo gallery Problems

Windows Photo Gallery
every picture i open in Windows Vista photo gallery is bright hot pink, the
picture is quite often invisible the pink is so strong, i have tried
everything i know, it started when i upgraded from Windows XP home to Windows
Vista.

does anyone know what might be the cause of Windows Photo Gallery turning
all my pictures Pink, Windows Paint opens them fine and even the Thumbnail
views of the pics are fine only when it opens them in Photo Gallery.
Goddessxx

RE: Windows Photo Gallery
Oh my goodness I have the same problem! Mine's not hot pink, but rather a
slight tinge that's driving me crazy. HELP!
Goddessxx

RE: Windows Photo Gallery
Note, i'm also using Windows Vista Home Premium

Pictures fine in Paint, other programs, and preview.

"Goddessxx" wrote:

> Oh my goodness I have the same problem! Mine's not hot pink, but rather a
> slight tinge that's driving me crazy. HELP!

Windows photo gallery Problems

RE: Windows Photo Gallery
yes i have tried everything to fix it, mine if just hot pink that is so bad
90% of the pictures out there you cannot even make out its so pink

"Windows photo gallery Problems" wrote:

> every picture i open in Windows Vista photo gallery is bright hot pink, the
> picture is quite often invisible the pink is so strong, i have tried
> everything i know, it started when i upgraded from Windows XP home to Windows
> Vista.
>
> does anyone know what might be the cause of Windows Photo Gallery turning
> all my pictures Pink, Windows Paint opens them fine and even the Thumbnail
> views of the pics are fine only when it opens them in Photo Gallery.

Cal Bear '66

Re: Windows Photo Gallery
Have you gone to Control Panel > Color Management and checked what profile you
are using? Mine is set to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 (default) and WPG displays colors
properly. You may also want to visit your monitor manufacturer's site to see if
they have an ICC color profile for your monitor.

<WindowsphotogalleryProblems@discussions.microsoft .com> wrote in message
> yes i have tried everything to fix it, mine if just hot pink that is so bad
> 90% of the pictures out there you cannot even make out its so pink
>
> "Windows photo gallery Problems" wrote:
>
>> every picture i open in Windows Vista photo gallery is bright hot pink, the
>> picture is quite often invisible the pink is so strong, i have tried
>> everything i know, it started when i upgraded from Windows XP home to Windows
>> Vista.
>>
>> does anyone know what might be the cause of Windows Photo Gallery turning
>> all my pictures Pink, Windows Paint opens them fine and even the Thumbnail
>> views of the pics are fine only when it opens them in Photo Gallery.

tyrsia

Re: Windows Photo Gallery
Setting the color profile should fix it, but not if your monitor is screwy. I
am having a similar problem, only my pictures are hot green. I have done some
research and found from this article:
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum...ta/t1170271673
that the issue is due to Windows Photo Gallery using color profiles to
display color.

My problem is that I have a default Dell monitor which appears to have NO
driver according to the website. The monitor did not come with the Vista PC,
and I think this ultimately boils down to a driver issue. I'm afraid the only
solution may be to get a new monitor, which seems like a very bad solution.

Any suggestions?

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Have you gone to Control Panel > Color Management and checked what profile you
> are using? Mine is set to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 (default) and WPG displays colors
> properly. You may also want to visit your monitor manufacturer's site to see if
> they have an ICC color profile for your monitor.
>

> "Windows photo gallery Problems"
> <WindowsphotogalleryProblems@discussions.microsoft .com> wrote in message
> > yes i have tried everything to fix it, mine if just hot pink that is so bad
> > 90% of the pictures out there you cannot even make out its so pink
> >
> > "Windows photo gallery Problems" wrote:
> >
> >> every picture i open in Windows Vista photo gallery is bright hot pink, the
> >> picture is quite often invisible the pink is so strong, i have tried
> >> everything i know, it started when i upgraded from Windows XP home to Windows
> >> Vista.
> >>
> >> does anyone know what might be the cause of Windows Photo Gallery turning
> >> all my pictures Pink, Windows Paint opens them fine and even the Thumbnail
> >> views of the pics are fine only when it opens them in Photo Gallery.

Calanc

RE: Windows Photo Gallery
I've seen this now several times where a cepia or a yellow tint dominates the
Photo gallery - not just the images.

It appears to follow the installation of something from Adobe's Creative
Suite.

I have gotten it fixed by going into control panel/hardware/color management
select the monitor
make sure "Use my settings for this device" is checked
select the associated profiles and remove them all
If you have multiple monitors you will need to do this for each of them.
close.

That has fixed it for me.

"Windows photo gallery Problems" wrote:

> every picture i open in Windows Vista photo gallery is bright hot pink, the
> picture is quite often invisible the pink is so strong, i have tried
> everything i know, it started when i upgraded from Windows XP home to Windows
> Vista.
>
> does anyone know what might be the cause of Windows Photo Gallery turning
> all my pictures Pink, Windows Paint opens them fine and even the Thumbnail
> views of the pics are fine only when it opens them in Photo Gallery.

shahdeene32

RE: Windows Photo Gallery