Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

e-mail-attachments(videos)

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2010
NIGHTCRAWLERmb
 

Posts: n/a
e-mail-attachments(videos)
Lately I have found that my Videos sent as attachments in my Windows Mail on
Vista are failing to open when I double click. What occurs is that they
play, but in the backround with the original e-mail still in view. To see
the attachment video I have to click on the icon(i have now on the taskbar)
to view the video playing. The previous video attachments, those, which I
had save on hard drive are also doing the same if I want to view them. This
has just began, for before, once I double clicked I could view them right
away.
Any further assistance on this would be helpful. Something that has been
updated or downloaded appears to have cause this ?? I don't know.
--
Rickless


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-23-2010
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: e-mail-attachments(videos)
NIGHTCRAWLERmb wrote:
> Lately I have found that my Videos sent as attachments in my Windows
> Mail on Vista are failing to open when I double click. What occurs
> is that they play, but in the backround with the original e-mail
> still in view. To see the attachment video I have to click on the
> icon(i have now on the taskbar) to view the video playing. The
> previous video attachments, those, which I had save on hard drive are
> also doing the same if I want to view them. This has just began, for
> before, once I double clicked I could view them right away.
> Any further assistance on this would be helpful. Something that has
> been updated or downloaded appears to have cause this ?? I don't know.

========================================
If I understand the question...Windows Media Player
is launching but is not taking focus...maybe it would
be worth a try to open Media Player and go to...
Tools / Options / Player tab...check the box...
"Keep the Player on top of other windows" / Apply / OK.

--

Volunteer J - MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2010
NIGHTCRAWLERmb
 

Posts: n/a
Re: e-mail-attachments(videos)
Hi John, thanks for your response to my problem. You've got it right, however
I launched Windows Media Player and what it did was bring up my whole music
library and nowhere on the usual top area or anywhere else did I find the
usual; File/Edit/View/Tools etc. I was talking to a friend of mine today,
and he came up with the same solution, and with both of you with the same
solution it is very hard to believe that the Tools is not showing up.
Foregoing that I then right clicked on Media Player click'd on
Properties/General/tick'd Hidden/Apply/OK. I then tried to see if any of the
hard drive e-mail attachments would come up and play properly, along with
trying some new e-mails that were in Mail, and darned it if it didn't work
properly again.
But now I'm wondering how to do it the way you both have suggested, being I
was unable to see Tools. Like I mentioned I'm running Vista, would there be
any differance with XP etc?

Any assist on this
-- Rick/
Rickless




"John Inzer" wrote:

> NIGHTCRAWLERmb wrote:
> > Lately I have found that my Videos sent as attachments in my Windows
> > Mail on Vista are failing to open when I double click. What occurs
> > is that they play, but in the backround with the original e-mail
> > still in view. To see the attachment video I have to click on the
> > icon(i have now on the taskbar) to view the video playing. The
> > previous video attachments, those, which I had save on hard drive are
> > also doing the same if I want to view them. This has just began, for
> > before, once I double clicked I could view them right away.
> > Any further assistance on this would be helpful. Something that has
> > been updated or downloaded appears to have cause this ?? I don't know.

> ========================================
> If I understand the question...Windows Media Player
> is launching but is not taking focus...maybe it would
> be worth a try to open Media Player and go to...
> Tools / Options / Player tab...check the box...
> "Keep the Player on top of other windows" / Apply / OK.
>
> --
>
> Volunteer J - MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk
>
>
> .
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-24-2010
dbknox
 

Posts: n/a
Re: e-mail-attachments(videos)

NIGHTCRAWLERmb;1257883 Wrote:
> Hi John, thanks for your response to my problem. You've got it right,
> however
> I launched Windows Media Player and what it did was bring up my whole
> music
> library and nowhere on the usual top area or anywhere else did I find
> the
> usual; File/Edit/View/Tools etc. I was talking to a friend of mine
> today,
> and he came up with the same solution, and with both of you with the
> same
> solution it is very hard to believe that the Tools is not showing up.
> Foregoing that I then right clicked on Media Player click'd on
> Properties/General/tick'd Hidden/Apply/OK. I then tried to see if any
> of the
> hard drive e-mail attachments would come up and play properly, along
> with
> trying some new e-mails that were in Mail, and darned it if it didn't
> work
> properly again.
> But now I'm wondering how to do it the way you both have suggested,
> being I
> was unable to see Tools. Like I mentioned I'm running Vista, would there
> be
> any differance with XP etc?
>
> Any assist on this
> -- Rick/
> Rickless
>
>
>
>
> "John Inzer" wrote:
> > > >
> > > NIGHTCRAWLERmb wrote:> > > > >
> > > > > Lately I have found that my Videos sent as attachments in my
> > > Windows
> > > > > Mail on Vista are failing to open when I double click. What occurs
> > > > > is that they play, but in the backround with the original e-mail
> > > > > still in view. To see the attachment video I have to click on the
> > > > > icon(i have now on the taskbar) to view the video playing. The
> > > > > previous video attachments, those, which I had save on hard drive
> > > are
> > > > > also doing the same if I want to view them. This has just began,
> > > for
> > > > > before, once I double clicked I could view them right away.
> > > > > Any further assistance on this would be helpful. Something that
> > > has
> > > > > been updated or downloaded appears to have cause this ?? I don't
> > > know.> > > >
> > > ========================================
> > > If I understand the question...Windows Media Player
> > > is launching but is not taking focus...maybe it would
> > > be worth a try to open Media Player and go to...
> > > Tools / Options / Player tab...check the box...
> > > "Keep the Player on top of other windows" / Apply / OK.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Volunteer J - MS-MVP
> > > Digital Media Experience
> > >
> > > Notice
> > > This is not tech support
> > > I am a volunteer
> > >
> > > Solutions that work for
> > > me may not work for you
> > >
> > > Proceed at your own risk
> > >
> > >
> > > .
> > > > >


Try "right clicking" near the top of wmp and choose "classic view".


--
dbknox
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2010
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: e-mail-attachments(videos)
dbknox wrote:
> Try "right clicking" near the top of wmp and choose "classic view".

=============================================
That's it....but mine (WMP11) says : Show Classic Menus

--

Volunteer J - MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-26-2010
NIGHTCRAWLERmb
 

Posts: n/a
Re: e-mail-attachments(videos)
Well, I tried it, although you indicate "classic view", mine also is Show
Classic Menus, but tick on it anyways and if you move your cursor up to
"View" you'll see on the next pop'd up window "Classic Menu" is already
tick'd for you and your right it should work. I tried one of my recent
e-mails of a movie clip-tried it w/o the Classic View tick'd and it wouldn't
work (it was like I explained in my original post), then I went back to wmp
tick'd the Show Classic Menu, double check'd View and the Classic Menu was
tick'd, went back to the e-mail attachment and it worked, so Problem solved.
With that I thank you all, till next time I'm having a problem.
--
Rickless




"John Inzer" wrote:

> dbknox wrote:
> > Try "right clicking" near the top of wmp and choose "classic view".

> =============================================
> That's it....but mine (WMP11) says : Show Classic Menus
>
> --
>
> Volunteer J - MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk
>
>
> .
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-27-2010
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: e-mail-attachments(videos)
NIGHTCRAWLERmb wrote:
> Well, I tried it, although you indicate "classic view", mine also is
> Show Classic Menus, but tick on it anyways and if you move your
> cursor up to "View" you'll see on the next pop'd up window "Classic
> Menu" is already tick'd for you and your right it should work. I
> tried one of my recent e-mails of a movie clip-tried it w/o the
> Classic View tick'd and it wouldn't work (it was like I explained in
> my original post), then I went back to wmp tick'd the Show Classic
> Menu, double check'd View and the Classic Menu was tick'd, went back
> to the e-mail attachment and it worked, so Problem solved. With that
> I thank you all, till next time I'm having a problem.

=================================
You're welcome.

Thanks for the update.

--

Volunteer J - MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2010
dbknox
 

Posts: n/a
Re: e-mail-attachments(videos)

NIGHTCRAWLERmb;1258571 Wrote:
> Well, I tried it, although you indicate "classic view", mine also is
> Show
> Classic Menus, but tick on it anyways and if you move your cursor up to
> "View" you'll see on the next pop'd up window "Classic Menu" is already
> tick'd for you and your right it should work. I tried one of my recent
> e-mails of a movie clip-tried it w/o the Classic View tick'd and it
> wouldn't
> work (it was like I explained in my original post), then I went back to
> wmp
> tick'd the Show Classic Menu, double check'd View and the Classic Menu
> was
> tick'd, went back to the e-mail attachment and it worked, so Problem
> solved.
> With that I thank you all, till next time I'm having a problem.
> --
> Rickless
>
>
>
>
> "John Inzer" wrote:
> > > >
> > > dbknox wrote:> > > > >
> > > > > Try "right clicking" near the top of wmp and choose "classic view".> > > >
> > > =============================================
> > > That's it....but mine (WMP11) says : Show Classic Menus
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > Volunteer J - MS-MVP
> > > Digital Media Experience
> > >
> > > Notice
> > > This is not tech support
> > > I am a volunteer
> > >
> > > Solutions that work for
> > > me may not work for you
> > >
> > > Proceed at your own risk
> > >
> > >
> > > .
> > > > >

Of course you are right John, thanks. I shoiuld have told
*NIGHTCRAWLERmb* to try holding down "ctrl" and then pressing "m" to
toggle between views.
Oh well all's well that ends well.


--
dbknox
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
e-mail attachments-videos NIGHTCRAWLERmb microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 7 04-23-2010 05:51
How to view videos from e-mail Daddygetalong microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 4 03-02-2010 04:03
Why can't I play videos in Windows Mail Jack microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 3 07-28-2009 01:03
Attachments sent via Windows Mail / Google Mail come out scrambled Mike4252 Windows Vista Home Premium 0 03-13-2009 17:24
Sending Skype Videos as Attachments on Windows Mail Dale microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 1 01-27-2009 16:40




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:28.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120