NcRawCodec 101

AL

NcRawCodec 101
Yesterday the NcRawCodec101 for viewing Nikon Raw files in Windows Vista
stopped working because it's Public Key Certificate expired on 5/11/07. I
tried several things to get it working again, including uninstall and
reinstall etc. but it still will not work. Please let me know if anyone out
there knows how to reactivate this raw image software?
R3i

RE: NcRawCodec 101
Hi AL,
As you know from a separate post I'm having the same problem. Was wondering
how you identified what the problem was. Where can you see the certificate
for the codec?

"AL" wrote:

> Yesterday the NcRawCodec101 for viewing Nikon Raw files in Windows Vista
> stopped working because it's Public Key Certificate expired on 5/11/07. I
> tried several things to get it working again, including uninstall and
> reinstall etc. but it still will not work. Please let me know if anyone out
> there knows how to reactivate this raw image software?

ed

Re: NcRawCodec 101
Hi All...

Interesting... Windows Explorer will not show nef thumbnails and Photo
Gallery the same... BUT ALL other programs see and show the nef files just
fine to include MS Digital Image Suite...

Ed

"AL" <AL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yesterday the NcRawCodec101 for viewing Nikon Raw files in Windows Vista
> stopped working because it's Public Key Certificate expired on 5/11/07. I
> tried several things to get it working again, including uninstall and
> reinstall etc. but it still will not work. Please let me know if anyone
> out
> there knows how to reactivate this raw image software?

AL

RE: NcRawCodec 101
R3i,

You can find the certificate in properties of the NcRawCodec 101 file, just
go to where ever you put the file ,mine was in downloads and click on
properties.

"R3i" wrote:

> Hi AL,
> As you know from a separate post I'm having the same problem. Was wondering
> how you identified what the problem was. Where can you see the certificate
> for the codec?
>
> "AL" wrote:
>
> > Yesterday the NcRawCodec101 for viewing Nikon Raw files in Windows Vista
> > stopped working because it's Public Key Certificate expired on 5/11/07. I
> > tried several things to get it working again, including uninstall and
> > reinstall etc. but it still will not work. Please let me know if anyone out
> > there knows how to reactivate this raw image software?

Dave Johnson [MSFT]

Re: NcRawCodec 101
All,

I understand that this problem is affecting a number of (but not all) users
of the Nikon NEF codec. Microsoft is aware of the issue and is investigating
it, and we will update this thread with more details soon. Thanks!

--
Dave Johnson
Windows User Assistance team

TK

Re: NcRawCodec 101
I have the same problem, and have tried to restore to an earlier point but
Vista will not let me do so. I could see RAW prior to 5/13 in Photo Gallery,
until I loaded the Nikon Codex update. The only way I can print view the
thumbnail is to shoot in both RAW and JPEG, but what a pain and a waste of
data space on my CF. Please reply to a better solution.

"ed" wrote:

> Hi All...
>
> Interesting... Windows Explorer will not show nef thumbnails and Photo
> Gallery the same... BUT ALL other programs see and show the nef files just
> fine to include MS Digital Image Suite...
>
> Ed
>
> "AL" <AL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yesterday the NcRawCodec101 for viewing Nikon Raw files in Windows Vista
> > stopped working because it's Public Key Certificate expired on 5/11/07. I
> > tried several things to get it working again, including uninstall and
> > reinstall etc. but it still will not work. Please let me know if anyone
> > out
> > there knows how to reactivate this raw image software?

ed

Re: NcRawCodec 101
Any update from MS or Nikon????

"AL" <AL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yesterday the NcRawCodec101 for viewing Nikon Raw files in Windows Vista
> stopped working because it's Public Key Certificate expired on 5/11/07. I
> tried several things to get it working again, including uninstall and
> reinstall etc. but it still will not work. Please let me know if anyone
> out
> there knows how to reactivate this raw image software?

PapaJohn

Re: NcRawCodec 101
My Nikon Picture Perfect continues to view the RAW files... while I still
can't see the NEF files in Photo Gallery, nothing changed about the codec as
I can see.

PapaJohn

"ed" <cezirkle@msn.com> wrote in message
> Any update from MS or Nikon????
>
> "AL" <AL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Yesterday the NcRawCodec101 for viewing Nikon Raw files in Windows Vista
>> stopped working because it's Public Key Certificate expired on 5/11/07. I
>> tried several things to get it working again, including uninstall and
>> reinstall etc. but it still will not work. Please let me know if anyone
>> out
>> there knows how to reactivate this raw image software?

Martin

RE: NcRawCodec 101
Hello. I had the same problem and my install file had an expire date of
5/12/2007. Maybe because I have the swedish version.
Anyway, today I downloaded the install program again from Nikon and today
the expire date reads 5/8/2008 ! And even better..IT WORKS !

:-)

Best Regards!
/martin
Uppsala
Sweden

"AL" wrote:

> Yesterday the NcRawCodec101 for viewing Nikon Raw files in Windows Vista
> stopped working because it's Public Key Certificate expired on 5/11/07. I
> tried several things to get it working again, including uninstall and
> reinstall etc. but it still will not work. Please let me know if anyone out
> there knows how to reactivate this raw image software?

JT

Re: NcRawCodec 101
How do you check the expiry date?

Web Threats 101 Steve Security News 0 05-03-2007 22:47
Windows Vista 101 =?Utf-8?B?SnVzdGlu?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 11 04-03-2007 21:50
Crisis management 101 Paul Security News 0 03-08-2007 21:59
Backing up 101 Brett microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 03-01-2007 08:36