Hi Barb, Thanks for the prompt reply.
To answer your questions:
1. I am running the 32 bit version
2. Yes I rebooted and also tried uninstall and re-install
3. It is a Nikon D80 - the site states that the codec is compatible with
4. Adobe CS2 & Elements 4 are installed. CS2 can open the NEF files OK.
5. Some further background information:
- We did have the codec running OK up until the middle of this week. But
then it just stopped working. When the Photo Gallery was launched, a message
then prompted us to download and install the codec. But this didn't resolve
- We have not installed any other software in between the codec working and
not working. However a number of Windows Updates were installed. I tried
un-installing them but again this did not succeed.
"Barb Bowman" wrote:
> it won't work on x64 versions of Vista.
> if you are running 32 bit, did you reboot and try again?
> what other editing software is installed on your computer? which
> Nikon camera do you have?
> On Sun, 13 May 2007 02:42:00 -0700, R3i
> <R3i@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >I have downloaded and installed the latest Raw Codec from Nikon
> >(NcRawCodec101v) when prompted to do so by Vista when I ran Photo Gallery.
> >However when trying to view a raw file (NEF) in Photo Gallery I a still
> >getting the "Photo Gallery can't open this picture or video".
> >Anyone have any ideas?
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP
> Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist