NVIDIA nForce Audio Processing Unit

Shannon

NVIDIA nForce Audio Processing Unit
About two weeks ago I lost sound from my motherboard. It has been working
fine with Vista 64bit for almost three months then bam outta nowhere theres
nothing! When you click on your speakers etc it says that everything is
working fine. But still no sound! Ive tried installing the realtek 97 vista
64bit update and yeah my system crashed and then i had to do a clean install
twice! Ive contacted the maufacturer of my motherboard which is ECS and they
say its Nvidia's issue not theirs. Finally the other day I got a message
from Problems Reports and Solutions! It states:

"Download and install the driver for NVIDIA nForce Audio Processing Unit

This problem was caused by NVIDIA nForce Audio Processing Unit. NVIDIA
nForce Audio Processing Unit was created by NVIDIA Corporation.

A solution is available that will solve this problem."

Yeah no solution that I can find on anyones web site at all to fix it!
From what I can tell there is no update available from Microsoft at all and
one was not installed through windows updates either! Im at a loss! Anybody
else get the same issue and possible have a fix for it?? Yes ive talked to
Micorsofts No help line for 8 HOURS! 8 HOURS! They obviously could help at
all. Someone please help its driving me nuts! THanks

Goffizm

RE: NVIDIA nForce Audio Processing Unit
I have this problem too - Can anyone help?? I have tried o re-install the
drivers but they won't uninstall or anything.

It's things like this that make the grass look greener on the oter side.

"Shannon" wrote:

> About two weeks ago I lost sound from my motherboard. It has been working
> fine with Vista 64bit for almost three months then bam outta nowhere theres
> nothing! When you click on your speakers etc it says that everything is
> working fine. But still no sound! Ive tried installing the realtek 97 vista
> 64bit update and yeah my system crashed and then i had to do a clean install
> twice! Ive contacted the maufacturer of my motherboard which is ECS and they
> say its Nvidia's issue not theirs. Finally the other day I got a message
> from Problems Reports and Solutions! It states:
>
> "Download and install the driver for NVIDIA nForce Audio Processing Unit
>
> This problem was caused by NVIDIA nForce Audio Processing Unit. NVIDIA
> nForce Audio Processing Unit was created by NVIDIA Corporation.
>
> A solution is available that will solve this problem."
>
> Yeah no solution that I can find on anyones web site at all to fix it!
> From what I can tell there is no update available from Microsoft at all and
> one was not installed through windows updates either! Im at a loss! Anybody
> else get the same issue and possible have a fix for it?? Yes ive talked to
> Micorsofts No help line for 8 HOURS! 8 HOURS! They obviously could help at
> all. Someone please help its driving me nuts! THanks

Shannon

RE: NVIDIA nForce Audio Processing Unit
Yeah I have no sound and cant burn a CD on my itunes eiether! What a pain in