Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Media Center: cannot view or play videos

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2007
Prasath
 

Posts: n/a
Media Center: cannot view or play videos
I cannot view or play videos in media center. even in sample videos folder. all I can view and play is .dat extn only. I need help please. I can play avi, mpeg and all format in media player.

Note: I believe the problem started after I installed Nero latest version. I need your help in resolving this issue without uninstalling Nero because I already tried uninstall and reinstall Nero.


--
Thanks & Regards

S.Prasath
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-12-2007
Barb Bowman
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Center: cannot view or play videos
http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/b... stry+Fix.aspx



On Sat, 12 May 2007 11:22:23 +0530, "Prasath"
<prasath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I cannot view or play videos in media center. even in sample videos folder. all I can view and play is .dat extn only. I need help please. I can play avi, mpeg and all format in media player.
>
>Note: I believe the problem started after I installed Nero latest version. I need your help in resolving this issue without uninstalling Nero because I already tried uninstall and reinstall Nero.

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-13-2007
Prasath
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Center: cannot view or play videos
Thank you. after I modified registry file, now I am able to play all kind of
videos in media center but unable to view thumbnails, In windows explore I
cannot see .mpg files in thumbnail view, which I transferred from my digital
cam but I have installed codec for that [check the attachment ].

Note: as they mentioned from the following website I saved a file called
badnero.reg and I double click on it, I got error. help me.[check the
attachment]


"Barb Bowman" <barb@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:095b43duj0qkpuka4l4441cqvdcjlo4057@4ax.com...
> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/b... stry+Fix.aspx
>
>
>
> On Sat, 12 May 2007 11:22:23 +0530, "Prasath"
> <prasath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I cannot view or play videos in media center. even in sample videos
>>folder. all I can view and play is .dat extn only. I need help please. I
>>can play avi, mpeg and all format in media player.
>>
>>Note: I believe the problem started after I installed Nero latest version.
>>I need your help in resolving this issue without uninstalling Nero because
>>I already tried uninstall and reinstall Nero.

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP
> Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-13-2007
Barb Bowman
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Center: cannot view or play videos
I'd suggest bringing up taskmgr and stopping anything related to
Nero. Then bring up services and stop andthing there related to
Nero. Then try importing the reg file again.

On Sun, 13 May 2007 23:20:29 +0530, "Prasath"
<prasath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thank you. after I modified registry file, now I am able to play all kind of
>videos in media center but unable to view thumbnails, In windows explore I
>cannot see .mpg files in thumbnail view, which I transferred from my digital
>cam but I have installed codec for that [check the attachment ].
>
>Note: as they mentioned from the following website I saved a file called
>badnero.reg and I double click on it, I got error. help me.[check the
>attachment]
>
>
>"Barb Bowman" <barb@nospam.com> wrote in message
>news:095b43duj0qkpuka4l4441cqvdcjlo4057@4ax.com.. .
>> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/b... stry+Fix.aspx
>>
>>
>>
>> On Sat, 12 May 2007 11:22:23 +0530, "Prasath"
>> <prasath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>>I cannot view or play videos in media center. even in sample videos
>>>folder. all I can view and play is .dat extn only. I need help please. I
>>>can play avi, mpeg and all format in media player.
>>>
>>>Note: I believe the problem started after I installed Nero latest version.
>>>I need your help in resolving this issue without uninstalling Nero because
>>>I already tried uninstall and reinstall Nero.

>> --
>>
>> Barb Bowman
>> MS Windows-MVP
>> Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
>> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-13-2007
Prasath
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Center: cannot view or play videos
Thank you. I was not able to find anything related to Nero. can I try in
safe mode ?


"Barb Bowman" <barb@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:dmke43h731l08sf7merkmp65v9ikv0n3r3@4ax.com...
> I'd suggest bringing up taskmgr and stopping anything related to
> Nero. Then bring up services and stop andthing there related to
> Nero. Then try importing the reg file again.
>
> On Sun, 13 May 2007 23:20:29 +0530, "Prasath"
> <prasath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Thank you. after I modified registry file, now I am able to play all kind
>>of
>>videos in media center but unable to view thumbnails, In windows explore I
>>cannot see .mpg files in thumbnail view, which I transferred from my
>>digital
>>cam but I have installed codec for that [check the attachment ].
>>
>>Note: as they mentioned from the following website I saved a file called
>>badnero.reg and I double click on it, I got error. help me.[check the
>>attachment]
>>
>>
>>"Barb Bowman" <barb@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>news:095b43duj0qkpuka4l4441cqvdcjlo4057@4ax.com. ..
>>> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/b... stry+Fix.aspx
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On Sat, 12 May 2007 11:22:23 +0530, "Prasath"
>>> <prasath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>>I cannot view or play videos in media center. even in sample videos
>>>>folder. all I can view and play is .dat extn only. I need help please. I
>>>>can play avi, mpeg and all format in media player.
>>>>
>>>>Note: I believe the problem started after I installed Nero latest
>>>>version.
>>>>I need your help in resolving this issue without uninstalling Nero
>>>>because
>>>>I already tried uninstall and reinstall Nero.
>>> --
>>>
>>> Barb Bowman
>>> MS Windows-MVP
>>> Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
>>> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/

> --
>
> Barb Bowman
> MS Windows-MVP
> Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-13-2007
Barb Bowman
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Media Center: cannot view or play videos
you can, but first try uninstalling Nero and rebooting. then run the
reg file.

On Mon, 14 May 2007 01:21:48 +0530, "Prasath"
<prasath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thank you. I was not able to find anything related to Nero. can I try in
>safe mode ?
>
>
>"Barb Bowman" <barb@nospam.com> wrote in message
>news:dmke43h731l08sf7merkmp65v9ikv0n3r3@4ax.com.. .
>> I'd suggest bringing up taskmgr and stopping anything related to
>> Nero. Then bring up services and stop andthing there related to
>> Nero. Then try importing the reg file again.
>>
>> On Sun, 13 May 2007 23:20:29 +0530, "Prasath"
>> <prasath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Thank you. after I modified registry file, now I am able to play all kind
>>>of
>>>videos in media center but unable to view thumbnails, In windows explore I
>>>cannot see .mpg files in thumbnail view, which I transferred from my
>>>digital
>>>cam but I have installed codec for that [check the attachment ].
>>>
>>>Note: as they mentioned from the following website I saved a file called
>>>badnero.reg and I double click on it, I got error. help me.[check the
>>>attachment]
>>>
>>>
>>>"Barb Bowman" <barb@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>>news:095b43duj0qkpuka4l4441cqvdcjlo4057@4ax.com ...
>>>> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/b... stry+Fix.aspx
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> On Sat, 12 May 2007 11:22:23 +0530, "Prasath"
>>>> <prasath@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>I cannot view or play videos in media center. even in sample videos
>>>>>folder. all I can view and play is .dat extn only. I need help please. I
>>>>>can play avi, mpeg and all format in media player.
>>>>>
>>>>>Note: I believe the problem started after I installed Nero latest
>>>>>version.
>>>>>I need your help in resolving this issue without uninstalling Nero
>>>>>because
>>>>>I already tried uninstall and reinstall Nero.
>>>> --
>>>>
>>>> Barb Bowman
>>>> MS Windows-MVP
>>>> Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
>>>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
>>>> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/

>> --
>>
>> Barb Bowman
>> MS Windows-MVP
>> Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
>> http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/

--

Barb Bowman
MS Windows-MVP
Expert Zone & Vista Community Columnist
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Media Center will not play XM Radio =?Utf-8?B?SlBE?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 8 05-10-2007 02:05
Media Center Crashes when trying to view pictures =?Utf-8?B?SmV0c2FmbA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 3 03-22-2007 08:37
Media Center Closing Down with Video Play =?Utf-8?B?R2VvcmdlIEhhcmdyYXZl?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 4 03-18-2007 15:43
How can I play ripped DVDs in the Media Center? Steve microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 02-28-2007 22:18
Media Center will not play AVI =?Utf-8?B?VHJvbmQ=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 8 01-12-2007 22:10




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:27.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120