Problems Installing Divx

Connie

Problems Installing Divx
My computer crashed and I'm trying to install Divx codec. I thought I only
needed the codec but the file would not play so I downloaded all four
components. Now it will play in the Divx player but as soon as I set WMP as
my default I get a message the WMP does not support the file. They are all
..avi files. Just to test, I tried the same files on another PC and they play
fine. Can anyone suggest what I need to do?

porfitron

Re: Problems Installing Divx
Not sure if my last post went through, but just in case, try asking for help on the forum at DivX Labs: http://labs.divx.com since this is where DivX people hang out to discuss the latest DivX Plus Software

---
frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...nstalling-Divx
Connie

Re: Problems Installing Divx
Thank you!

"porfitron" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> Not sure if my last post went through, but just in case, try asking for
> help on the forum at DivX Labs: http://labs.divx.com since this is where
> DivX people hang out to discuss the latest DivX Plus Software
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...nstalling-Divx

Connie

Re: Problems Installing Divx
Doesn't seem to be a lot of activity over there so if anyone has any other
suggestions, I would appreciate. I should say I tried uninstalling and
reinstalling numerous times to no avail.

"Connie" <noone@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Thank you!
>
> "porfitron" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
>> Not sure if my last post went through, but just in case, try asking for
>> help on the forum at DivX Labs: http://labs.divx.com since this is where
>> DivX people hang out to discuss the latest DivX Plus Software
>>
>> ---
>> frmsrcurl:
>> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...nstalling-Divx

John Inzer

Connie wrote:
> Doesn't seem to be a lot of activity over there so if anyone has any
> other suggestions, I would appreciate. I should say I tried
> uninstalling and reinstalling numerous times to no avail.

Just guessing...but maybe you need the XviD codec:

(FWIW...it's always a good idea to create a System
Restore point before installing software or updates)

XviD Codec
http://www.xvidmovies.com/codec/

Good luck...

--