Vista & Microsoft Digital Image Pro

Jlynn

Vista & Microsoft Digital Image Pro
I just found out MS Digital Image Pro has been discontinued and I read that
it is not compatible with Vista.
I just bought a new laptop with Vista. Should I send it back now or is
there anything I can do to make it compatible?
Dave Johnson [MSFT]

Re: Vista & Microsoft Digital Image Pro
Digital Image Suite should work fine with Windows Vista. I am using the
program on Vista myself and have never had any problems.

--
Dave Johnson
Windows User Assistance team

Martyn

Re: Vista & Microsoft Digital Image Pro
I have Digital Image Suite 2006 running on my desktop running XP. I have now
tried loading it on my new laptop running Vista HP. Unfortunately when I try
to load it I get a warning that the software will change previous versions of
Internet Explorer to IE 6. I obviously have IE7 installed. Will DIS 2006
take it back to IE6 during installation? As an aside why did Microsoft stop
supporting Digital Image Suite? It was intuitive and by far the easiest
package to use. Even more stupid as my Toshiba laptop came with DIS Starter
pre installed!! Are there greater minds than mine out there?

"Dave Johnson [MSFT]" wrote:

> Digital Image Suite should work fine with Windows Vista. I am using the
> program on Vista myself and have never had any problems.
>
> --
> Dave Johnson
> Windows User Assistance team
> Microsoft Corporation

Don D.

Re: Vista & Microsoft Digital Image Pro
Dave,

Have you made any address labels using Digital Image 2006. I am not able to
add text to the label.
--
Gunner T. Budd

"Dave Johnson [MSFT]" wrote:

> Digital Image Suite should work fine with Windows Vista. I am using the
> program on Vista myself and have never had any problems.
>
> --
> Dave Johnson
> Windows User Assistance team
> Microsoft Corporation

Don D.

Re: Vista & Microsoft Digital Image Pro
Do you have any suggestions on how to enable text insertion into address
labels program? When I try to insert a text nothing happens.
--
Gunner T. Budd

"Don D." wrote:

> Dave,
>
> Have you made any address labels using Digital Image 2006. I am not able to
> add text to the label.
> --
> Gunner T. Budd
>

> "Dave Johnson [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Digital Image Suite should work fine with Windows Vista. I am using the
> > program on Vista myself and have never had any problems.
> >
> > --
> > Dave Johnson
> > Windows User Assistance team
> > Microsoft Corporation

Charlie

Re: Vista & Microsoft Digital Image Pro
I just recently got a new computer with Vista and am looking for a picture
program. I recently saw an announcement on line that Microsoft is
discontinuing all Digital Image Suite programs. I have been unable to fint
the Digital Image Suite Anniversary edition (which is what was recommended),
except on ebay for alot more than the original price. any recommendations on
what to use with Vista?

"Dave Johnson [MSFT]" wrote:

> Digital Image Suite should work fine with Windows Vista. I am using the
> program on Vista myself and have never had any problems.
>
> --
> Dave Johnson
> Windows User Assistance team
> Microsoft Corporation

Sharon C.

Re: Vista & Microsoft Digital Image Pro
Don,
I just tried and had no trouble. I used create a project, address
label/stickers, click through label setup, past the picture if you're not
adding a picture until you get back to the edit screen. You will see a
single label setup. either go to inset, text, or click on the A in the tool
bar. A text box appears in the label area. The text, after entering, will
show up as a layer in your stack. I go to the stack and delete the blue
layer if you did not use a picture or graphic otherwise this prints blue on
your label. Once you have your individual label set up you go to print and
using the right template print your labels.

Sharon C.
"Don D." wrote:

> Have you made any address labels using Digital Image 2006. I am not able to
> add text to the label.

polrobnyc

RE: Vista & Microsoft Digital Image Pro
I cannot get my Digital Image Pro 9 to work at all - I would also like to
know what can be done with this (other than, please, a rep. saying his works
perfectly well).

"Jlynn" wrote:

> I just found out MS Digital Image Pro has been discontinued and I read that
> it is not compatible with Vista.
> I just bought a new laptop with Vista. Should I send it back now or is
> there anything I can do to make it compatible?

Bill Condie

Re: Vista & Microsoft Digital Image Pro
Does this help?

http://www.microsoft.com/products/imaging/default.mspx
Customers will receive product support for up to three years from purchase
date or through April 30, 2010, whichever date is reached first.