Vista movie maker freeze-up

grandpater

Vista movie maker freeze-up
After 20 min of editing in movie maker - timeline / storyboard freezes. Clip
in preview pane won't play. I move a new clip into preview pane and it'll
play - timeline/storyboard won't. If I use more that one transition the same
freeze occurs. Movie maker 6.0 version. Anyone have any help on this issue?
mai_lin

RE: Vista movie maker freeze-up

"grandpater" wrote:

> After 20 min of editing in movie maker - timeline / storyboard freezes. Clip
> in preview pane won't play. I move a new clip into preview pane and it'll
> play - timeline/storyboard won't. If I use more that one transition the same
> freeze occurs. Movie maker 6.0 version. Anyone have any help on this issue?

Same issue is happening to me. I found taking out the last transition will
restore function but its almost like you have a limit on the number of
transitions you can use...

I'm using Vista Home Basic. Video came off a Canon ZR200 and there were 5
transitions in my video when it froze.
mai_lin

RE: Vista movie maker freeze-up
Ok, now I have it able to add transitions to every other 'block' on the story
board. I found if I clicked the box representing a transition, dragged it
over the transition area on the storyboard, but didn't un-click to actually
paste it there, instead brought it back to its original place... the preview
screen would clear itself. Then I could paste the transition.

Wierd huh?

Still working on the remaining two, hopefully I'll be able to finish it.

"mai_lin" wrote:

> "grandpater" wrote:
>
> > After 20 min of editing in movie maker - timeline / storyboard freezes. Clip
> > in preview pane won't play. I move a new clip into preview pane and it'll
> > play - timeline/storyboard won't. If I use more that one transition the same
> > freeze occurs. Movie maker 6.0 version. Anyone have any help on this issue?

> Same issue is happening to me. I found taking out the last transition will
> restore function but its almost like you have a limit on the number of
> transitions you can use...
>
> I'm using Vista Home Basic. Video came off a Canon ZR200 and there were 5
> transitions in my video when it froze.

mai_lin

RE: Vista movie maker freeze-up
I was unsucessful adding transitions. I was able to use effects and finished
my video that way.

What a pain in the butt! I hope an update for movie maker is issued soon.

Of course, as .NET developer myself, I wouldn't expect anything else in a
new release *rolls eyes*

"mai_lin" wrote:

> "grandpater" wrote:
>
> > After 20 min of editing in movie maker - timeline / storyboard freezes. Clip
> > in preview pane won't play. I move a new clip into preview pane and it'll
> > play - timeline/storyboard won't. If I use more that one transition the same
> > freeze occurs. Movie maker 6.0 version. Anyone have any help on this issue?

> Same issue is happening to me. I found taking out the last transition will
> restore function but its almost like you have a limit on the number of
> transitions you can use...
>
> I'm using Vista Home Basic. Video came off a Canon ZR200 and there were 5
> transitions in my video when it froze.

Goddessxx

RE: Vista movie maker freeze-up
Kept happening until I unchecked the codec causing the error.