Yellow backgroung in pictures

jfc

Yellow backgroung in pictures
Hi,

I have an issue with the background color of pictures. I have Vista
Ultimate installed on my computer since it came out and never had this
problem before. Lately, all the pictures that I scanned lost the white
background (like the background of this email) and turned yellowish, as well
the item scanned. I use ThumbPlus for editing my pics but couldn't find
where to change the background of my scans to white as yellow. It seems
that the whole picture turns yellow. While I was trying to solve the
problem, I opened up my folder of
pictures and found out that all the thumbnails have a white background
(normal) and the pics is normal, but when opened, they turned yellow as
well. The preview display the picture correctly, but when opened, the
picture turns yellow

Does anyone have a solution to my annoying problem?

I also use an ATI PCI Express video card (X1950 Pro)

Regards

JF Chalifoux

Zed

Re: Yellow backgroung in pictures
I have same issue too. Tried to resolve, but no luck. May be it's Ati
driver, because I use Ati too.
If You find anything please post it here.
Good luck

"jfc" <jfchalifoux@shaw.ca> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an issue with the background color of pictures. I have Vista
> Ultimate installed on my computer since it came out and never had this
> problem before. Lately, all the pictures that I scanned lost the white
> background (like the background of this email) and turned yellowish, as
> well
> the item scanned. I use ThumbPlus for editing my pics but couldn't find
> where to change the background of my scans to white as yellow. It seems
> that the whole picture turns yellow. While I was trying to solve the
> problem, I opened up my folder of
> pictures and found out that all the thumbnails have a white background
> (normal) and the pics is normal, but when opened, they turned yellow as
> well. The preview display the picture correctly, but when opened, the
> picture turns yellow
>
> Does anyone have a solution to my annoying problem?
>
> I also use an ATI PCI Express video card (X1950 Pro)
>
> Regards
>
> JF Chalifoux

jmc777

RE: Yellow backgroung in pictures
I believe it has to do with colour profiles. Check this thread for a possible
solution...

http://www.vista64.net/forums/vista-...o-gallery.html
swasrfa007

RE: Yellow backgroung in pictures
I have the same porblem to.
I thought I was the only one
I think there is not much to do about it
i'll just wait for SP1 come out then see if Microsoft can fix it or not.

"jfc" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have an issue with the background color of pictures. I have Vista
> Ultimate installed on my computer since it came out and never had this
> problem before. Lately, all the pictures that I scanned lost the white
> background (like the background of this email) and turned yellowish, as well
> the item scanned. I use ThumbPlus for editing my pics but couldn't find
> where to change the background of my scans to white as yellow. It seems
> that the whole picture turns yellow. While I was trying to solve the
> problem, I opened up my folder of
> pictures and found out that all the thumbnails have a white background
> (normal) and the pics is normal, but when opened, they turned yellow as
> well. The preview display the picture correctly, but when opened, the
> picture turns yellow
>
> Does anyone have a solution to my annoying problem?
>
> I also use an ATI PCI Express video card (X1950 Pro)
>
> Regards
>
> JF Chalifoux

Mark

RE: Yellow backgroung in pictures
jmc777's link fixed it for me (regular Vista Premium) - here is what I did.

1 - right click on desktop, select personalize then display settings. Click
Advanced Settings, then select "color management" tab, then click the color
management button again.

It showed one profile and I was unable to click the "remove" button. I
clicked the checkbox "use my settings for this device". I could then
highlight the profile and click Remove.

I don't know what it will do to the system, but it fixes the yellow
background.

Note, after the profile is deleted, by clicking the "profiles" button then
selecting "reset my settings to the system defaults" it seems to recreate the
profile, but this time pictures are not yellow (though I have not rebooted
yet to see if that makes a difference).

"swasrfa007" wrote:

> I have the same porblem to.
> I thought I was the only one
> I think there is not much to do about it
> i'll just wait for SP1 come out then see if Microsoft can fix it or not.
>
> "jfc" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have an issue with the background color of pictures. I have Vista
> > Ultimate installed on my computer since it came out and never had this
> > problem before. Lately, all the pictures that I scanned lost the white
> > background (like the background of this email) and turned yellowish, as well
> > the item scanned. I use ThumbPlus for editing my pics but couldn't find
> > where to change the background of my scans to white as yellow. It seems
> > that the whole picture turns yellow. While I was trying to solve the
> > problem, I opened up my folder of
> > pictures and found out that all the thumbnails have a white background
> > (normal) and the pics is normal, but when opened, they turned yellow as
> > well. The preview display the picture correctly, but when opened, the
> > picture turns yellow
> >
> > Does anyone have a solution to my annoying problem?
> >
> > I also use an ATI PCI Express video card (X1950 Pro)
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > JF Chalifoux

Mark

RE: Yellow backgroung in pictures
It is back again today, I recommend deleting the color profile and leaving it
gone.