windows 7 media player autorun

seth

windows 7 media player autorun
I know this is a vista group but i don't see a windows 7 group

i had disabled autorun because i don't like it. however, if i'm playing
music in wmp and i put in a cd that has video either dvd or wmv/mp4 files,
wmp suddenly stops playing the music and starts playing the video files on
that cd. if autorun is disabled, why is wmp automatically doing this?
Stan Starinski

Re: windows 7 media player autorun
I) There're two completely different things and they're worth disabling
both, despite very similar names:

a) Autorun
b) Autoplay.

You can Google or Bing for:
"disable autoplay in Windows", and "disable autorun in Windows', don't
include quotes as it makes search for exact phrase i.e. too restrictive.

II) You problem may not even have anything todo with above.
It might be a settign within Winamp or whatever application starts playign
it, that searches for a disk and if finds, plays it.
Look into Winamp, etc settings.

Sorry I am posting hints, rather than a complete instruction, but hopefully
you can use that.

PvdG42

"seth" <me@myhouse.net> wrote in message
> I know this is a vista group but i don't see a windows 7 group
>
> i had disabled autorun because i don't like it. however, if i'm playing
> music in wmp and i put in a cd that has video either dvd or wmv/mp4 files,
> wmp suddenly stops playing the music and starts playing the video files on
> that cd. if autorun is disabled, why is wmp automatically doing this?

You don't see any Win 7 newsgroups because MS has switched to web forums
here:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...egory/windows7

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/...egory/w7itpro/

Jim