Transfering pictures to my PC

mrlobstr1216

Transfering pictures to my PC
Why is it when I transfer pictures to my laptop with Vista, the pictures can no longer be seen on the memory card when in the camera?

Michael Walraven

Re: Transfering pictures to my PC
Transfer:
move from one place to another, having been moved from one place it is no
longer there.

"mrlobstr1216" wrote in message
> Why is it when I transfer pictures to my laptop with Vista, the pictures
> can no longer be seen on the memory card when in the camera?
>

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

brikendor

Re: Transfering pictures to my PC
Some photo applications (eg Picasa) will let you specify whether to leave
the memory card intact - others don't.

You can copy your pictures one at a time to another folder and transfer (ie
"send to" whichever drive your memory card is in) them back back to the
memory card.

"mrlobstr1216" wrote in message
> Why is it when I transfer pictures to my laptop with Vista, the pictures
> can no longer be seen on the memory card when in the camera?
>

> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

brikendor

Re: Transfering pictures to my PC
An afterthought:

You can copy a memory card to a folder and then tell your photo application
to view/import the latter. First make sure your Autoplay setting is "ask me
every time". Insert card then select Computer from Start Menu. Double
click the drive containing your card. Right click DCIM and select Copy.
Select <your name> from Start Menu. Right click on space at the end of the
folder list and select Paste. The DCIM folder is added to list.

"brikendor" <notme@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Some photo applications (eg Picasa) will let you specify whether to leave
> the memory card intact - others don't.
>
> You can copy your pictures one at a time to another folder and transfer
> (ie "send to" whichever drive your memory card is in) them back back to
> the memory card.
>
> "mrlobstr1216" wrote in message
>> Why is it when I transfer pictures to my laptop with Vista, the pictures
>> can no longer be seen on the memory card when in the camera?
>>

>> Post Originated from http://www.VistaForums.com Vista Support Forums

mrlobstr1216

RE: Transfering pictures to my PC
Thanks for the translation.&nbsp; Windows XP allowed the pictures to remain on the card.&nbsp; Vista does not.

brikendor

Re: Transfering pictures to my PC
The simplest solution is to download Picasa3 (freeware) from
www.picasa.google,com

At the bottom of the opening screen you will see "after copying pictures" -
choose option "leave card alone". Pictures are imported to My Pictures.
You can view them with Windows Photo Gallery if you prefer.