Movie Maker is making my hair fall out please help

kez kez is offline

kez is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Movie Maker is making my hair fall out please help
I have searched through the threads to see if I can find help but no luck.

I have a year of small home video clips all Avi. I imported them to windows movie maker and made a story board. I can watch the movie. When I hit publish to dvd it takes me to windows dvd movie maker. I hit burn. The latest video which works in a dvd player only did the first three frames then the whole dvd was black with no sound. I did a windows update today, still the same

I have also tried to publish the movie to my computer it always crashes. I do not have an option to save as and place it elsewhere its always a movie maker file prompt.

I tried using nero but my videos are all over the place where as windows movie maker there all in sequence as I imported them there.

I know this sounds confusing , my video gift is two weeks late already

I do not understand codecs etc ....

so if anyone who can help me in basic terms that would be appreciated
PapaJohn

Re: Movie Maker is making my hair fall out please help
For starters, if you make a new project with just a couple of your avi
files, can you sucessfully save it to a movie (wmv file) and play it?
--
PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org

"kez" <kez.43pzk3@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> I have searched through the threads to see if I can find help but no
> luck.
>
> I have a year of small home video clips all Avi. I imported them to
> windows movie maker and made a story board. I can watch the movie. When
> I hit publish to dvd it takes me to windows dvd movie maker. I hit burn.
> The latest video which works in a dvd player only did the first three
> frames then the whole dvd was black with no sound. I did a windows
> update today, still the same
>
> I have also tried to publish the movie to my computer it always
> crashes. I do not have an option to save as and place it elsewhere its
> always a movie maker file prompt.
>
> I tried using nero but my videos are all over the place where as
> windows movie maker there all in sequence as I imported them there.
>
> I know this sounds confusing , my video gift is two weeks late
> already
>
> I do not understand codecs etc ....
>
> so if anyone who can help me in basic terms that would be appreciated
>

> --
> kez

kez kez is offline

kez is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Movie Maker is making my hair fall out please help
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaJohn View Post
For starters, if you make a new project with just a couple of your avi
files, can you sucessfully save it to a movie (wmv file) and play it?
--
PapaJohn
PapaJohn.org

"kez" <kez.43pzk3@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> I have searched through the threads to see if I can find help but no
> luck.
>
> I have a year of small home video clips all Avi. I imported them to
> windows movie maker and made a story board. I can watch the movie. When
> I hit publish to dvd it takes me to windows dvd movie maker. I hit burn.
> The latest video which works in a dvd player only did the first three
> frames then the whole dvd was black with no sound. I did a windows
> update today, still the same
>
> I have also tried to publish the movie to my computer it always
> crashes. I do not have an option to save as and place it elsewhere its
> always a movie maker file prompt.
>
> I tried using nero but my videos are all over the place where as
> windows movie maker there all in sequence as I imported them there.
>
> I know this sounds confusing , my video gift is two weeks late
> already
>
> I do not understand codecs etc ....
>
> so if anyone who can help me in basic terms that would be appreciated
>

> --
> kez

thanks Papa Jon for quick response

I opened up a new project and hit save as, it only allows me to save it as a windows movie maker project- there is no option for other formats such as wmv.
The problem I have in my wmm the film is in order ,to use another software such as nero etc... I will have to sort through all my videos again which was extremely time consuming.

I tried to make another dvd with a smaller film and the same thing happened first two minutes was fine thent he screen was black with no sound. so it is burning but then stops.

How can I change the whole wmm project which is approc 60 minutes long? Can it be copied and pasted into another program (not nero tried that)

any help is thankful

happy holidays
PapaJohn

Re: Movie Maker is making my hair fall out please help
In Vista's Movie Maker 6, you use the publish option to make a movie from
your project, not the save one.

--
PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org

"kez" <kez.43qc0h@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> [...]

>> appreciated
>> >

>> > --
>> > kez
>> >

> thanks Papa Jon for quick response
>
> I opened up a new project and hit save as, it only allows me to save it
> as a windows movie maker project- there is no option for other formats
> such as wmv.
> The problem I have in my wmm the film is in order ,to use another
> software such as nero etc... I will have to sort through all my videos
> again which was extremely time consuming.
>
> I tried to make another dvd with a smaller film and the same thing
> happened first two minutes was fine thent he screen was black with no
> sound. so it is burning but then stops.
>
> How can I change the whole wmm project which is approc 60 minutes long?
> Can it be copied and pasted into another program (not nero tried that)

Hi Jon,
I have published it to my computer as well as published to a dvd to no avail. I am not sure what vista movie maker it is it came with my laptop Hp 2 years ago
thanks
Kez