WINDOWS LIVE PHOTO GALLERY

Peter

WINDOWS LIVE PHOTO GALLERY
My Vista was doing it's normal updates and I looked at the Live
Essentials and I said "What the heck, I'll try Them" I have not been
able to use Windows Live Photo Gallery as of yet. When I want to open
a picture, an error box comes up saying "An error is preventing the
photo or video from being displayed." The version of this software is
2009 Bulid 14.0.8081.709. Any help with this would be appreciated.
StephenB

Re: WINDOWS LIVE PHOTO GALLERY
It only throws the error when trying to open a photo? Would that be a jpeg file?
Does the Gallery load with thumbs of all of your photos?

You may get better traction by taking to to the Windows Live Photo Gallery
forum:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...lmedia/threads

I would suggest the discussion group for WLPG, but it sees little to no traffic:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=us

-steve

--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live
Peter

Re: WINDOWS LIVE PHOTO GALLERY
All thumbnails load and they are all JPEG filesOn Wed, 23 Dec 2009
18:57:12 -0500, StephenB <sboots@mvps.org> wrote:

>It only throws the error when trying to open a photo? Would that be a jpeg file?
>Does the Gallery load with thumbs of all of your photos?
>
>You may get better traction by taking to to the Windows Live Photo Gallery
>forum:
>http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...lmedia/threads
>
>I would suggest the discussion group for WLPG, but it sees little to no traffic:
>http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=us
>
>-steve
>

>Peter <whatsa****for@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>My Vista was doing it's normal updates and I looked at the Live
>>Essentials and I said "What the heck, I'll try Them" I have not been
>>able to use Windows Live Photo Gallery as of yet. When I want to open
>>a picture, an error box comes up saying "An error is preventing the
>>photo or video from being displayed." The version of this software is
>>2009 Bulid 14.0.8081.709. Any help with this would be appreciated.

StephenB

Re: WINDOWS LIVE PHOTO GALLERY
Odd. If the thumbnails are displaying, that would tell me that the system can
read the file in order to generate it. I wonder if there's a problem with the
WLPG database. Another possibility, through remote, is that it is a display
driver issue. I assume that you are using the latest video driver or close?
-steve

Peter <whatsa****for@yahoo.com> wrote:

>All thumbnails load and they are all JPEG files

>On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 18:57:12 -0500, StephenB <sboots@mvps.org> wrote:
>
>>It only throws the error when trying to open a photo? Would that be a jpeg file?
>>Does the Gallery load with thumbs of all of your photos?
>>
>>You may get better traction by taking to to the Windows Live Photo Gallery
>>forum:
>>http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...lmedia/threads
>>
>>I would suggest the discussion group for WLPG, but it sees little to no traffic:
>>http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=us
>>
>>-steve
>>

>>Peter <whatsa****for@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>>My Vista was doing it's normal updates and I looked at the Live
>>>Essentials and I said "What the heck, I'll try Them" I have not been
>>>able to use Windows Live Photo Gallery as of yet. When I want to open
>>>a picture, an error box comes up saying "An error is preventing the
>>>photo or video from being displayed." The version of this software is
>>>2009 Bulid 14.0.8081.709. Any help with this would be appreciated.

--
Stephen Boots
MVP Windows Live
Windows Live OneCare/Live Mesh/MSE Forums Moderator
sboots@mvps.org
Peter

Re: WINDOWS LIVE PHOTO GALLERY
As far as I know I'm using the latest driver. It's funny tho the
pictures display OK with the pic viewer that comes with VistaOn Thu,
24 Dec 2009 19:17:53 -0500, StephenB <sboots@mvps.org> wrote:

>Odd. If the thumbnails are displaying, that would tell me that the system can
>read the file in order to generate it. I wonder if there's a problem with the
>WLPG database. Another possibility, through remote, is that it is a display
>driver issue. I assume that you are using the latest video driver or close?
>-steve
>
>Peter <whatsa****for@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>All thumbnails load and they are all JPEG files

>>On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 18:57:12 -0500, StephenB <sboots@mvps.org> wrote:
>>
>>>It only throws the error when trying to open a photo? Would that be a jpeg file?
>>>Does the Gallery load with thumbs of all of your photos?
>>>
>>>You may get better traction by taking to to the Windows Live Photo Gallery
>>>forum:
>>>http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...lmedia/threads
>>>
>>>I would suggest the discussion group for WLPG, but it sees little to no traffic:
>>>http://www.microsoft.com/communities...&lang=en&cr=us
>>>
>>>-steve

Peter

Re: WINDOWS LIVE PHOTO GALLERY
I notice when Window Live Photo Galley loads, a DIVX codec icon loads
at the lower right hand side of the tool bar. Is there any way I can
isolate that and see if there is a codec clash?On Fri, 25 Dec 2009