I can hear sounds with my headphones but the mic wont work

DazzaBazza

I can hear sounds with my headphones but the mic wont work

Hi

I have a new PC with Realtek HD Audio Manager and have separate
speakers which plug into the back of the tower with one jack. There are
5 sockets, orange, blue, grey, green and pink, and the speakers work.
When I plug my headphones (with a mic) into the pink and green sockets
on the the front of the tower I can hear sounds but nobody can hear me
when I speak.

Does anyone know, please, how I can get the headphones to work so I can
hear and talk with the mic?

When I unplug the headphones then plug them back in a box pops up for
me to tick and I tick "headphones"..am I doing the right thing? there is
a box that says "mic" and a "line in"..and I think a couple of others.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks.

DazzaBazza

--
DazzaBazza
DazzaBazza's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/153309.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

shmoo

Re: I can hear sounds with my headphones but the mic wont work

I have exact same problem ....any help would be great

Shmoo x

--
shmoo
shmoo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/153620.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-mus...eo/1269073.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Graham Hughes

Re: I can hear sounds with my headphones but the mic wont work
WHat happens if you plug them into the correct sockets on the back of the
machine.
If it then works, the front jacks may not be connected/configured properly.
Make sure mic in is selected in the audio inputs
This deals with selecting line in, so you'd select mic
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...AudioInput.htm

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media

"DazzaBazza" <DazzaBazza.41esnb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
newsazzaBazza.41esnb@DoNotSpam.com...

> Hi
>
> I have a new PC with Realtek HD Audio Manager and have separate
> speakers which plug into the back of the tower with one jack. There are
> 5 sockets, orange, blue, grey, green and pink, and the speakers work.
> When I plug my headphones (with a mic) into the pink and green sockets
> on the the front of the tower I can hear sounds but nobody can hear me
> when I speak.
>
> Does anyone know, please, how I can get the headphones to work so I can
> hear and talk with the mic?
>
> When I unplug the headphones then plug them back in a box pops up for
> me to tick and I tick "headphones"..am I doing the right thing? there is
> a box that says "mic" and a "line in"..and I think a couple of others.
>
> Can anyone help me please?
>
> Thanks.
>
> DazzaBazza
>

> --
> DazzaBazza
> DazzaBazza's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/153309.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-mus...eo/1269073.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

beginner

Re: I can hear sounds with my headphones but the mic wont work
Have you enabled the microphone? Right click Realtek HD Audio Manager.
Click Audio Devices. Click Recording. Click Microphone. Click Properties.
Click Levels. Drag and drop sliders as required.

Hope this works. Please let me know.