How to Insert DVD Movie into PowerPoint?

jimmy6280

How to Insert DVD Movie into PowerPoint?
I am trying to insert a portion of an audio/video DVD into my PowerPoint presentation to show through a projector. I have tried downloading a third party conversion software, PFC Pro, however, with no luck. The DVD movie plays in Windows Media Player 11 with no problem at all. I am running Windows Vista Premium. What is the best way to get this done? This is a simple question asked frequently in yahoo answers. Now I'd like to show my opinions so as to solve this problem.
There are 2 parts to finish your task. One is to convert DVD movie to video, the other is to insert the converted video to PowerPoint. Besides the PowerPoint 2003, Leawo DVD Ripper is an indispensible program. Now you can download this converter at: http://www.leawo.com/dvd-ripper/
Part 1: How to convert DVD to video with Leawo DVD Ripper?
Leawo DVD Ripper is an all-inclusive DVD Converter for you to rip DVD to any video format for wideuse. It can convert DVD to AVI, DVD to WMV, DVD to MP4,DVD to 3GP, DVD to MOV, etc. With this DVD ripper, you are able to play your DVD content with your computer or your laptop, iPod, cell phone, PSP, iPhone, MP4, and the like on the go. The powerful in this DVD ripper is to trim and crop video. You can get your video trimmed for a shorter duration and cropped for a better visual enjoying.
Insert the DVD disk into the DVD drive, open the program and import the DVD files.
Step1. Do the settings:
1. In Subtitle, select the subtitle language.
2. In Audio, select the language of the audio.
3. In Profile, select the appropriate video format, like AVI, WMV.
4. In Output, set your destination folder for the output file.
Step2. Click "Customize" to customize the video to meet your needs.
a. Effect adjustment:
Drag the slides for Brightness, Contrast, and Volume to improve the video quality.
b. Drag the buttons on the slide to trim the video or change the values directly in the Start Time and End Time.
c. Choose a selection from "Letter Box" to crop the video, or directly drag the dot frame for it. Click "OK" to confirm the settings.

Step3. Click the big button to start the conversion. Just a few minutes later, you will get the converted video.
Part 2: How to insert your converted video to PowerPoint?
When inserting the video into PowerPoint 2003, you can insert your converted video from your own file into PowerPoint 2003. PowerPoint automatically has motion clips in the Clip Gallery. Motion clips are like clip art except the images that include animation. This animation can be seen when you run the slide show.
Put the converted video and your PowerPoint presentation in the same folder. The most suitable formats to insert into PowerPoint are WMV. AVI, MPG.  ASF is also fine but it depends on your codec,a codec is a device or program capable of encoding and/or decoding a digital data stream or signal. OK, now let's start.
Step1. On the Insert menu, point to Movies and Sounds, and then click Movie(video) from File.
Step2. Click the video you want to use and then click OK. Tips: Always put the movie in the same folder as your PowerPoint presentation. If you later move the PowerPoint presentation to another computer, copy the movie too. Keeping your movie in the same folder as your presentation ensures the link will still work. However, you should always test the movie on a new machine just to be certain. Re-insert the movie, if necessary.

Step3. After you click OK, you are promoted with a message asking how you want the movie to start in the slide show. The alert box appears asking how you want the movie to start. To play the movie automatically, click automatically. To start your movie by clicking the mouse, click When Clicked.
It is worth mentioning that in PowerPoint 2003, you can run your movies full screen. This is an excellent feature. Here comes the simple steps to assist you to play the movie full screen.
Step1. Right-click the movie object (the small rectangle) and on the shortcut menu, click Edit Movie Object.
Step2. The Movie Options dialog box appears. Under Display Options, select the Zoom to full screen check box, and then click OK.

Okay, If you want your video to play automatically when you advance to this slide, you can stop here, and then happily enjoy your video at your will via PowerPoint 2003.
dvd ripper | dvd to 3gp | dvd to apple tv | dvd to avi | dvd to flv | dvd to iphone | dvd to ipod | dvd to mp4 | dvd to psp | dvd to zune |