Snapshot From Movie Clips

C and A Bredt

Snapshot From Movie Clips
How do I capture a snapshot from .MPG movie clips that I got from my camera.
I play them using Windows Media Player.
I'm using Vista Home Premium.

Thanks, CB
--
C and A Bredt
John Inzer

Re: Snapshot From Movie Clips
C and A Bredt wrote:
> How do I capture a snapshot from .MPG movie clips that I got from my
> camera. I play them using Windows Media Player.
> I'm using Vista Home Premium.
>
> Thanks, CB

===================================
Movie Maker has an option to do video captures...
Tools / Take Picture from preview...or left click
the Take Picture icon below the view screen.

And maybe the following article would be worth a look...

How to Capture Screenshots from Windows Media Player
http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archi...-media-player/

Also have a look at the Vista Snipping Tool:

Windows Vista -
Activate Vista's Snipping Tool
http://www.pcworld.com/article/13709...ping_tool.html

Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...e-screen-shots

Vista Tutorial - How to use the Snipping Tool in Vista
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/14...ool-vista.html

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

C and A Bredt

"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.zyx> wrote in message
>C and A Bredt wrote:
>> How do I capture a snapshot from .MPG movie clips that I got from my
>> camera. I play them using Windows Media Player.
>> I'm using Vista Home Premium.
>>
>> Thanks, CB

> ===================================
> Movie Maker has an option to do video captures...
> Tools / Take Picture from preview...or left click
> the Take Picture icon below the view screen.
>
> And maybe the following article would be worth a look...
>
> How to Capture Screenshots from Windows Media Player
> http://www.quickonlinetips.com/archi...-media-player/
>
> Also have a look at the Vista Snipping Tool:
>
> Windows Vista -
> Activate Vista's Snipping Tool
> http://www.pcworld.com/article/13709...ping_tool.html
>
> Use Snipping Tool to capture screen shots
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...e-screen-shots
>
> Vista Tutorial - How to use the Snipping Tool in Vista
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/14...ool-vista.html
>
> --
>
> J. Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

I tried all of the things you suggested and the results are fair at best.
Not good enough to print.
I have my Sony 8.1 MP camera set at its highest settings and it takes
and prints great stills. The movie clips are good viewed on the computer.

I have not tried this before. Might I get better results purchasing a
capture program?

Thanks for your help,
CB

C and A Bredt wrote:
> I tried all of the things you suggested and the results are fair at
> best. Not good enough to print.
> I have my Sony 8.1 MP camera set at its highest settings and it takes
> and prints great stills. The movie clips are good viewed on the
> computer.
> I have not tried this before. Might I get better results purchasing a
> capture program?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> CB

==================================
The only thing you can get with screen capture
is exactly what you see on the screen...it will
never equal a best quality photo from an 8 MP
camera. Not to mention the fact that video is
not that sharp anyway when paused.

I can tell you...in Movie Maker...you get a better
screen capture when the video is played from
the collection pane that when it's played from
the timeline.

You could certainly try a more sophisticated
app but I suspect you will not see that much
improvement.

If you do a Google search for something like:
'capture video still shots'
you should find some software to try.

Good luck.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

C and A Bredt

Re: Snapshot From Movie Clips
Thanks for your help.
CB

--
>C and A Bredt wrote:
>> I tried all of the things you suggested and the results are fair at
>> best. Not good enough to print.
>> I have my Sony 8.1 MP camera set at its highest settings and it takes
>> and prints great stills. The movie clips are good viewed on the
>> computer.
>> I have not tried this before. Might I get better results purchasing a
>> capture program?
>>
>> Thanks for your help,
>> CB

> ==================================
> The only thing you can get with screen capture
> is exactly what you see on the screen...it will
> never equal a best quality photo from an 8 MP
> camera. Not to mention the fact that video is
> not that sharp anyway when paused.
>
> I can tell you...in Movie Maker...you get a better
> screen capture when the video is played from
> the collection pane that when it's played from
> the timeline.
>
> You could certainly try a more sophisticated
> app but I suspect you will not see that much
> improvement.
>
> If you do a Google search for something like:
> 'capture video still shots'
> you should find some software to try.
>
> Good luck.
>
> --
>
> J. Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

whs

C and A Bredt;1183751 Wrote:
> Thanks for your help.
> CB
>
> --
> C and A Bredt
> "John Inzer" <oobie@newsgroup> wrote in message
> news:%23KCsUT0WKHA.3428@newsgroup> > >
> > > takes

> > > ==================================
> > > The only thing you can get with screen capture
> > > is exactly what you see on the screen...it will
> > > never equal a best quality photo from an 8 MP
> > > camera. Not to mention the fact that video is
> > > not that sharp anyway when paused.
> > >
> > > I can tell you...in Movie Maker...you get a better
> > > screen capture when the video is played from
> > > the collection pane that when it's played from
> > > the timeline.
> > >
> > > You could certainly try a more sophisticated
> > > app but I suspect you will not see that much
> > > improvement.
> > >
> > > If you do a Google search for something like:
> > > 'capture video still shots'
> > > you should find some software to try.
> > >
> > > Good luck.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > J. Inzer MS-MVP
> > > Digital Media Experience
> > >
> > > Notice
> > > This is not tech support
> > > I am a volunteer
> > >
> > > Solutions that work for
> > > me may not work for you
> > >
> > > Proceed at your own risk

One other thing you can try is to stop the movie where you want to take
the snip and make a snip with the snipping tool. Use .png as file
format. They come out a little better than .jpeg.

--
whs