problems ripping music from CD

Justin Enos is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
problems ripping music from CD
When I insert a CD in the Rip Tab, nothing happens. I can play music from the CD on the Media Player and the CD name appears in the Rip Tab, but it dosen't rip. No album/artist info appears and when I right click on it to open it nothing happens either. All the screen says is to insert a CD, which I already have done. Please help!

karnyks22 will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Re: problems ripping music from CD
Justen Enos Hi.
To burn cds using windows media player. Try these steps.
Open wmp and put your mouse on the rip tab. Click just the little down arrow on the rip tab. Go down to "rip cd automatically when inserted" and make sure that "only when in the rip tab" is checked. While in this box if you go to format, you can change the output format, wma is default but you can change to mp3 or wav. Also if you click "more options" and then "rip music" from the new box that appears you can select where to send the ripped tracks to.
Now put your cd into your cd drive and it will start playing. You can do the following while the cd is playing or you can stop it. Click on the rip tab "not the down arrow" and the screen will change showing the cd in your drive. To start ripping click the "rip now" button in the bottom right corner. As the tracks are finished they will say "ripped to library". Library is referring to the output folder selected.
Hope this solves your problem.
bread_voter

Re: problems ripping music from CD
I would advise not to use WMP its a poor ripper suggest use something like
cdex, it will give you far better results in terms of sound quality.

http://cdexos.sourceforge.net/?q=download

http://www.alexander-susdorf.de/mp3/configuration.html

"Justin Enos" <Justin.Enos.40dyoe@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:Justin.Enos.40dyoe@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...