Windows Movie Maker Vista 64 Problem help please

TIMMYLYNN

Windows Movie Maker Vista 64 Problem help please

started publishing movie last night. Is approximately 2 minutes long
with audio and there are about 20 clips with effects and a few
transitions. some of the original avi was uncompressed. all the clips
are avi. it got to 62% pretty quick and then the timer started going
up. it is now up to 583 minutes since about 4pm yesterday. I know it
may take some time but it this normal. I don't want to stop it if it is
just compressing. I am outputting avi to 49mb size as i did not want to
loose quality. I have a deadline. I'm not getting an error message.
The minutes just keep increasing and the progress bar just staying at 62
percent. what do you think? any help greatly appreciated....

peace and love

--
TIMMYLYNN
lemur

Re: Windows Movie Maker Vista 64 Problem help please

If you produce a video in a format other than avi, does it still slow
down?

Do you have plenty of hard drive free space?

How much memory?

Vista SP2?

--
lemur

::If *ANYONE* in this forum helps you, please click on
their *REP* icon. Thanks! (the middle scale icon in the upper right
corner)::
TIMMYLYNN

Re: Windows Movie Maker Vista 64 Problem help please

haven't tried another format. 4gig ram sp2 plenty of hard drive space.
Is it normal to take that long or should i start over. I don't want to
start over if it is just compressing the video. one of the clips was
rendered in widescreen format and uncompressed. But I really need this
to finish asap. Its for a dkny contest that ends on wednesday. I've
put hours and hours into it and now windows movie maker is stressing me.
the timer is now at 633 minutes and still climbing. the progress bar
still says 62 percent.

--
TIMMYLYNN
whs

Re: Windows Movie Maker Vista 64 Problem help please

It sounds like not all of your clips have exactly the same properties
and that WMM got stuck on one it did not like. You can use MediaInfo (
'MediaInfo' (http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/de) ) to examine your
clips.

--
whs

TIMMYLYNN;1168831 Wrote:
> haven't tried another format. 4gig ram sp2 plenty of hard drive space.
> Is it normal to take that long or should i start over. I don't want to
> start over if it is just compressing the video. one of the clips was
> rendered in widescreen format and uncompressed. But I really need this
> to finish asap. Its for a dkny contest that ends on wednesday. I've
> put hours and hours into it and now windows movie maker is stressing me.
> the timer is now at 633 minutes and still climbing. the progress bar
> still says 62 percent.

Let's try another format. We can always convert the file if
successful.

--
lemur

::If *ANYONE* in this forum helps you, please click on
their *REP* icon. Thanks! (the middle scale icon in the upper right
corner)::
John Inzer

TIMMYLYNN wrote:
> started publishing movie last night. Is approximately 2 minutes long
> with audio and there are about 20 clips with effects and a few
> transitions. some of the original avi was uncompressed. all the
> clips are avi. it got to 62% pretty quick and then the timer started
> going up. it is now up to 583 minutes since about 4pm yesterday. I
> know it may take some time but it this normal. I don't want to stop
> it if it is just compressing. I am outputting avi to 49mb size as i
> did not want to loose quality. I have a deadline. I'm not getting
> an error message. The minutes just keep increasing and the progress
> bar just staying at 62 percent. what do you think? any help greatly
> appreciated....
>
> peace and love

============================
The project you describe should not
take more than a few minutes to publish.

I suspect you have a compatibility issue
with one or more of your source files.

Might be worth a try to convert the .avi
files to the .wmv format before importing.

The following freeware can do the conversion.

Format Factory
http://www.pcfreetime.com/

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP