Audio codec is missing

Alan T

Audio codec is missing
Vista Home Premium with service pack 1.
I got a .wmv file and tried to play it in Windows Media Player:
But got an error "an audio codec is needed to play this file"

The Vista showed I may need Sipro Lab Telecom ACELP.net(130).

Anywhere I can download this codec?

I have no problem in playing this file in my XP SP2 pc.

Tae Song

Re: Audio codec is missing

"Alan T" <alan_NO_SPAM_pltse@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
> Vista Home Premium with service pack 1.
> I got a .wmv file and tried to play it in Windows Media Player:
> But got an error "an audio codec is needed to play this file"
>
> The Vista showed I may need Sipro Lab Telecom ACELP.net(130).
>
> Anywhere I can download this codec?
>
> I have no problem in playing this file in my XP SP2 pc.

If you still want the codec try Vista Codec Pack or K-Lite Codec Pack.

Alternatively, you can also use VLAN or GOM media player. They have the
codec built-in.

Alan T

Re: Audio codec is missing
> If you still want the codec try Vista Codec Pack or K-Lite Codec Pack.
>
> Alternatively, you can also use VLAN or GOM media player. They have the
> codec built-in.

Hi,

I have VideoLan installed and this even worse.
I got
"VLC does not support the audio or video format 'undf'. Unfortunately there
is no way for you to fix it.

My VideoLan version is 1.0.1.

BTW, where can I download the
Vista Codec Pack or K-Lite Codec Pack ?

Alan T

Re: Audio codec is missing
> Hi,
>
> I have VideoLan installed and this even worse.
> I got
> "VLC does not support the audio or video format 'undf'. Unfortunately
> there is no way for you to fix it.
>
> My VideoLan version is 1.0.1.
>
> BTW, where can I download the
> Vista Codec Pack or K-Lite Codec Pack ?

I downloaded both package but still cannot play audio but video.

Mark Blain

Re: Audio codec is missing
"Tae Song" <tae_song@hotmail.com> wrote in news1674912-6BE8-490E-B1A7-
8505E1DB4DD7@microsoft.com:

> "Alan T" <alan_NO_SPAM_pltse@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
>> Vista Home Premium with service pack 1.
>> I got a .wmv file and tried to play it in Windows Media Player:
>> But got an error "an audio codec is needed to play this file"
>>
>> The Vista showed I may need Sipro Lab Telecom ACELP.net(130).
>>
>> Anywhere I can download this codec?

Found in 5 seconds with Google.
"In order to playback audio, you'll need the "Sipro Lab Telecom ACELP.net"
audio codec installed. If you do not have this codec installed, please
click here to download the codec..."
http://register.sourcemediaconferenc...event/faq.html
Alan T

Re: Audio codec is missing
>>> Vista Home Premium with service pack 1.
>>> I got a .wmv file and tried to play it in Windows Media Player:
>>> But got an error "an audio codec is needed to play this file"
>>>
>>> The Vista showed I may need Sipro Lab Telecom ACELP.net(130).
>>>
>>> Anywhere I can download this codec?

> Found in 5 seconds with Google.
> "In order to playback audio, you'll need the "Sipro Lab Telecom ACELP.net"
> audio codec installed. If you do not have this codec installed, please
> click here to download the codec..."
> http://register.sourcemediaconferenc...event/faq.html

Hi,
No luck.
I downloaded and install the file:
acelpacm.inf

Play the file .wmv still got the audio codec missing error.

Mark Blain

Re: Audio codec is missing
"Alan T" <alan_NO_SPAM_pltse@yahoo.com.au> wrote (in part):

> No luck.
> I downloaded and install the file:
> acelpacm.inf
>
> Play the file .wmv still got the audio codec missing error.

If you installed correctly and you're running 32-bit Vista, then I'm darned
if I know. There's one suggestion about audio-out settings at the bottom
of
http://forums.techarena.in/media-player/603604.htm
that might help.
Alan T

Re: Audio codec is missing
>> No luck.
>> I downloaded and install the file:
>> acelpacm.inf
>>
>> Play the file .wmv still got the audio codec missing error.

> If you installed correctly and you're running 32-bit Vista, then I'm
> darned
> if I know. There's one suggestion about audio-out settings at the bottom
> of
> http://forums.techarena.in/media-player/603604.htm
> that might help.

Hi,

The link seems does not tell the solution.
The first post was in 2006 and I guess Sipro ACELP had already fixed it.
In the case of no audio to check the speaker seems nothing to do with the
error came from WMP as it popped up and error message.