Cannot publish movie with windows movie maker

kringeltorte

Cannot publish movie with windows movie maker

Hey,

I cannot publish my movie with windows movie maker, although I cannot
detect any problem.
All the clips used in the movie are .avi, it is 41 clips in total and
the movie length is 2 min 33 sec.

When I try to publish the publishing process starts but then cancels
and gives me this message:
"Windows Movie Maker cannot publish the movie to the specified
location. Verify, that the original source files used in your movie are
still available, that the publishing location is still available, that
there is enough free disk space available, and then try again."

Checked all that and that is not the problem!

Would be greatful for help, could not find any solutions in the other
threads for WMM.

Kind Regards

--
kringeltorte
PapaJohn

Re: Cannot publish movie with windows movie maker
see my website's Problem Solving > Can't Save a Movie page.

Lots of avi files today are made with Divx or Xvid compression, files that
Movie Maker often has problems with.
--
PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org

"kringeltorte" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hey,
>
> I cannot publish my movie with windows movie maker, although I cannot
> detect any problem.
> All the clips used in the movie are .avi, it is 41 clips in total and
> the movie length is 2 min 33 sec.
>
> When I try to publish the publishing process starts but then cancels
> and gives me this message:
> "Windows Movie Maker cannot publish the movie to the specified
> location. Verify, that the original source files used in your movie are
> still available, that the publishing location is still available, that
> there is enough free disk space available, and then try again."
>
> Checked all that and that is not the problem!
>
> Would be greatful for help, could not find any solutions in the other
> threads for WMM.
>
> Kind Regards
>

> --
> kringeltorte

whs

kringeltorte;1157778 Wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I cannot publish my movie with windows movie maker, although I cannot
> detect any problem.
> All the clips used in the movie are .avi, it is 41 clips in total and
> the movie length is 2 min 33 sec.
>
> When I try to publish the publishing process starts but then cancels
> and gives me this message:
> "Windows Movie Maker cannot publish the movie to the specified
> location. Verify, that the original source files used in your movie are
> still available, that the publishing location is still available, that
> there is enough free disk space available, and then try again."
>
> Checked all that and that is not the problem!
>
> Would be greatful for help, could not find any solutions in the other
> threads for WMM.
>
> Kind Regards

I would convert the clips to .wmv with Format Factory ( 'Format Factory
- Free media file format converter' (http://www.formatoz.com/) ) which
is an excellent and easy to use program that produces good quality. You
won't see the difference - especially if you publish with WMM that ruins
all quality anyhow. If you want to publish without loss of quality, use
Machete ( 'Lossless Video and Audio Editor, Splitter, Joiner for
AVI,FLV,WMV,WMA,ASF,MP3 files' (http://www.machetesoft.com/) ).

--
whs
kringeltorte

Re: Cannot publish movie with windows movie maker

Thank you so much for all your help!

I converted all the files to .wmv files and that worked out well.
However, know I cannot import all of the .wmv files into WMM. The error
message is that some of the files are not indexed and therefore, cannot
be converted.

If you would have an idea how to solve that problem, I would greatful.

Kind Regards and Thanks again!

--
kringeltorte
dbknox

kringeltorte;1157999 Wrote:
> Thank you so much for all your help!
>
> I converted all the files to .wmv files and that worked out well.
> However, know I cannot import all of the .wmv files into WMM. The error
> message is that some of the files are not indexed and therefore, cannot
> be converted.
>
> If you would have an idea how to solve that problem, I would greatful.
>
> Kind Regards and Thanks again!

I don't know if you read this or not John has added some helpful links
to this problem
'The file is not indexed and cannot be imported - Windows MovieMaker'
(http://forums.techarena.in/windows-m...ker/612433.htm)

--
dbknox