Can't download pictures to Photo Gallery

Pat

Can't download pictures to Photo Gallery
I was able to download my pictures the first time - I was having difficulty
putting them in individual folders. Therefore, I deleted all of them. Also
deleted them in the "Recycle Bin". Then I went to hook up my camera to
download them again, but I keep getting the message - "no new photos to
download". How do I get these pictures downloaded into my Photo Gallery. I
am using Microsoft Vista Home Premium. I don't want to take a chance and
loose the 115 pictures stored on my camera!
John Inzer

Re: Can't download pictures to Photo Gallery
Pat wrote:
> I was able to download my pictures the first time - I was having
> difficulty putting them in individual folders. Therefore, I deleted
> all of them. Also deleted them in the "Recycle Bin". Then I went to
> hook up my camera to download them again, but I keep getting the
> message - "no new photos to download". How do I get these pictures
> downloaded into my Photo Gallery. I am using Microsoft Vista Home
> Premium. I don't want to take a chance and loose the 115 pictures
> stored on my camera!

================================

Is it possible that the pictures were deleted
from your camera's memory card?

There's a box to check on the Import tab
of Windows Photo Gallery Options that says
"Always erase from camera after importing".
Access this screen by opening Photo Gallery
and go to...File / Options / Import tab.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! -

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Pat

Re: Can't download pictures to Photo Gallery
No they are still on there. But when I plug in the camera to my PC - I get a
message "no new photos to import". As I stated I had previously imported
them - but then deleted them on my Pc - now I want to import the same photos
from my memory card.

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Pat wrote:
> > I was able to download my pictures the first time - I was having
> > difficulty putting them in individual folders. Therefore, I deleted
> > all of them. Also deleted them in the "Recycle Bin". Then I went to
> > hook up my camera to download them again, but I keep getting the
> > message - "no new photos to download". How do I get these pictures
> > downloaded into my Photo Gallery. I am using Microsoft Vista Home
> > Premium. I don't want to take a chance and loose the 115 pictures
> > stored on my camera!

> ================================
>
> Is it possible that the pictures were deleted
> from your camera's memory card?
>
> There's a box to check on the Import tab
> of Windows Photo Gallery Options that says
> "Always erase from camera after importing".
> Access this screen by opening Photo Gallery
> and go to...File / Options / Import tab.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

Mary

Re: Can't download pictures to Photo Gallery
Use Windows Explorer instead of Photo Gallery and copy the pictures to a new
folder on your hard drive. Then see if you can copy to Photo Gallery. At
lease you will have copies of all the photos on your hard drive in case
they're erased from the camera. I find Photo Gallery with its tags annoying,
but it does save you from yourself. Those pictures are there someplace. Try
'Recently Imported Items' in Photo Gallery.