Emailing pictures in body of email

KA

Emailing pictures in body of email
I have gotten a new computer with Windows Vista which I'm not familiar with.
When I upload my photos, they go to the Windows Live picture place instead of
just to "my pictures" like they did with XP. When I try to email pictures,
they can only be emailed as attachments. This is a huge pain to have to
individually open each picture. How can I make my pictures appear in the
body of the email so recipients don't have to click to open each picture?
whs

Re: Emailing pictures in body of email

I have no problem pasting pictures into a mail. But I use AOL. If you
attach them, you should put them into a .zip folder and attach that.

--
whs
Bob

Re: Emailing pictures in body of email
Use "Insert" instead of "Attach".

"KA" <KA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news4CA3075-95E4-42FE-AF86-C1CBC75185AD@microsoft.com...
>I have gotten a new computer with Windows Vista which I'm not familiar
>with.
> When I upload my photos, they go to the Windows Live picture place instead
> of
> just to "my pictures" like they did with XP. When I try to email
> pictures,
> they can only be emailed as attachments. This is a huge pain to have to
> individually open each picture. How can I make my pictures appear in the
> body of the email so recipients don't have to click to open each picture?

KA

Re: Emailing pictures in body of email
Thank you. I will try the zip folder.

"whs" wrote:

> I have no problem pasting pictures into a mail. But I use AOL. If you
> attach them, you should put them into a .zip folder and attach that.
>

> --
> whs

KA

Re: Emailing pictures in body of email
Aha! This did work. The pictures are huge though. Do you know how to make
them smaller? Thank you very much.

"Bob" wrote:

> Use "Insert" instead of "Attach".
>
> "KA" <KA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news4CA3075-95E4-42FE-AF86-C1CBC75185AD@microsoft.com...
> >I have gotten a new computer with Windows Vista which I'm not familiar
> >with.
> > When I upload my photos, they go to the Windows Live picture place instead
> > of
> > just to "my pictures" like they did with XP. When I try to email
> > pictures,
> > they can only be emailed as attachments. This is a huge pain to have to
> > individually open each picture. How can I make my pictures appear in the
> > body of the email so recipients don't have to click to open each picture?

Bob

Re: Emailing pictures in body of email
Use a photo editing program to resize the pictures.

I suggest you resize **copies** and **keep the originals** as is.

Bob;1142060 Wrote:
> Use a photo editing program to resize the pictures.
>
> I suggest you resize **copies** and **keep the originals** as is.
>
> "KA" <KA@newsgroup> wrote in message
> news:F4EE8B4E-35EE-491E-A460-81D74F68C042@newsgroup> > >
> > > Aha! This did work. The pictures are huge though. Do you know how to
> > > make
> > > them smaller? Thank you very much.

FastStone Image Viewer ( 'FastStone Image Viewer - Powerful and
Intuitive Photo Viewer, Editor and Batch Converter'
(http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm) ) is a very convenient
free program for the purpose. And it has a lot of other functions - e.g.
to add captions to pictures.

--
whs