Slide show pixilation

Pinky01 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Slide show pixilation
I have checked the other threads and have done the regedit but nothing has changed. I still have major distortion and pixilation in many of my images. I use this program daily and it is very hard to get through some of my images, as i read text on them. My computer is brand new and this is the first time i have used vista. I never had this issue with xp. Any tips or ideas on how to fix this problem?
John Inzer

Re: Slide show pixilation
Pinky01 wrote:
> I have checked the other threads and have done the regedit but nothing
> has changed. I still have major distortion and pixilation in many of
> my images. I use this program daily and it is very hard to get
> through some of my images, as i read text on them. My computer is
> brand new and this is the first time i have used vista. I never had
> this issue with xp. Any tips or ideas on how to fix this problem?

======================================
This program? Does it have a name?

Images with text? What type of images are these?

How_exactly_ are you viewing the images and have
you navigated to the folder the files are actually saved
in to check their current resolution (pixel size)?

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Pinky01 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Slide show pixilation
Im using just the regular windows viewer in slideshow mode. They are the average size pictures of around 1000X1400 or so. About 75% come in crystal clear clarity, and some just randomly become pixilated. I have changed the regedit even in the midst of reading hopeing to make them clear, but it looks like nothing changes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Inzer View Post

Pinky01 wrote:
> Im using just the regular windows viewer in slideshow mode. They are
> the average size pictures of around 1000X1400 or so. About 75% come in
> crystal clear clarity, and some just randomly become pixilated. I have
> changed the regedit even in the midst of reading hopeing to make them
> clear, but it looks like nothing changes.

=======================================
I suspect you're viewing the slide show full screen?

What is the screen resolution of your desktop?

Check the pixel dimensions of one of the pixelated photos.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Pinky01 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Slide show pixilation
I did as you said and for some reason the first number is different ( 736) on the fuzzy one that i checked and the rest are at 750. Is there a way when i download the images in zip to change to make sure they are all the same before i read or see the image? Thanks again for all of the help

Pinky01 wrote:
> I did as you said and for some reason the first number is different (
> 736) on the fuzzy one that i checked and the rest are at 750. Is
> there a way when i download the images in zip to change to make sure
> they are all the same before i read or see the image? Thanks again
> for all of the help

===================================
Sorry, but based on the limited info you have
provided I have no idea what is causing your
pixelation.

Maybe you could get some answers from the
site you are downloading from.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Pinky01 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Slide show pixilation
Well what other info do you need. I'm using vista windows slideshow full view ( so the black backround shows). most of the images are 750X1000 (+) ( some are 1079 some are 1780 ect...) at least in that incodent. On some of them they are 800X1079 like the others in the file ( people scan at different pixels) and they are clean and then some are blurry. i would provide a sample, but i dont know how to do that ;_; It seems the ones that are blurry are the ones with 736 as the first number. I just need to find a way where always the images are shown in full quality. I never had this issue with xp. Do you mabye know of a program that is easy to use and shows one image at a time in full screen?

===================================

Pinky01 wrote:
> Well what other info do you need. I'm using vista windows slideshow
> full view ( so the black backround shows). most of the images are
> 750X1000 (+) ( some are 1079 some are 1780 ect...) at least in that
> incodent. On some of them they are 800X1079 like the others in the
> file ( people scan at different pixels) and they are clean and then
> some are blurry. i would provide a sample, but i dont know how to do
> that ;_; It seems the ones that are blurry are the ones with 736 as
> the first number. I just need to find a way where always the images
> are shown in full quality. I never had this issue with xp. Do you
> mabye know of a program that is easy to use and shows one image at a
> time in full screen?

OK...a 1079x800 image should look OK if your Screen
Resolution is 1024x768...but what if it was 1920x1440?
Then your full screen image would be stretched and
would look pixelated.

Bottom line...best bet would be to download higher resolution
images.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Pinky01 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Slide show pixilation
I really appreiate all of the help that you gave me . I downloaded a program specifically made for my types of files and it seems to work just fine. Thanks for all of the help and if i ever need help agian i know where to look ^^

liz