Converting Vob files to JPG

Connie

Converting Vob files to JPG
Is there any way to convert a vob file to a jpg or something similar? I made
a DVD video from old pix I had scanned. I misplaced the jpgs and I would
like to convert the video to a picture format for backup.

John Inzer

Re: Converting Vob files to JPG
Connie wrote:
> Is there any way to convert a vob file to a jpg or something similar?
> I made a DVD video from old pix I had scanned. I misplaced the jpgs
> and I would like to convert the video to a picture format for backup.

==================================
Long message...I hope the info is useful:

VOB (as you know) is the DVD Video format.

You cannot convert Video to a photo format like
..jpg and recover your original image files.

Your best bet (of course) would be to remember
where you saved the original scans.

One method (and probably not nearly what you are
hoping for) would be to make screenshots (captures)
from the video.

The freeware VLC Media Player can play your
VOB files.

VLC Media Player
http://www.videolan.org/

To setup for your screen captures...open VLC and
go to...Tools / Preferences / Video button / Video
Snapshots section.

In the directory field...Browse to and select a folder
to save your captures in. (for example...you could
create a new folder on your desktop and select it)

At...Prefix...check the box...Sequential numbering.

At...Format...choose JPEG or PNG.

Finally.....left click the 'Save' button.

Now...Play the video and pause by pressing your
Spacebar when you see a screen you wish to capture.

To capture the screen...type... Shift+S

Press spacebar to advance to the next photo...
ect...etc...

One more possibility might be 'Solution B' in the
following article:

'Extract Still Photographs from Wedding DVD Videos
for Printing'
http://labnol.blogspot.com/2007/02/e...m-wedding.html

Good luck.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Connie

Re: Converting Vob files to JPG
Thank you John. I appreciate the info! I will try and follow your
instructions.

Connie wrote:
> Thank you John. I appreciate the info! I will try and follow your
> instructions.

========================
You're welcome.

Let us know how it goes.