Downloading a video stored in memory

Member

anon_private is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Downloading a video stored in memory
Hi,

I watched a video recenty. It played through IE.

I tried to download it using a download manager, but the format was not recognised.

I tried to download it using a page that streams the video into a file, but the file was not supported.

The video was stored somewhere on my pc because I could play it after it was streamed.

My question is: 'Is there a way of downloading a video which appears to be stored in memory?'

Thanks
John Inzer

Re: Downloading a video stored in memory
anon_private wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I watched a video recenty. It played through IE.
>
> I tried to download it using a download manager, but the format was
> not recognised.
>
> I tried to download it using a page that streams the video into a
> file, but the file was not supported.
>
> The video was stored somewhere on my pc because I could play it after
> it was streamed.
>
> My question is: 'Is there a way of downloading a video which appears
> to be stored in memory?'
>
> Thanks

You might find it in your Temporary Internet Files folder.

Windows Vista -
View temporary Internet files
http://tinyurl.com/5u7d4l
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...4f23e1033.mspx

How to View the Internet
Explorer Temporary Internet
Files and Settings in Vista
http://tinyurl.com/5yzffe
or...
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/94...-settings.html

FWIW...if you install the Mozilla ForeFox browser and
the 'DownloadHelper' Add-on you will have an easier
time downloading media files.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Member

anon_private is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Downloading a video stored in memory
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Inzer View Post
anon_private wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I watched a video recenty. It played through IE.
>
> I tried to download it using a download manager, but the format was
> not recognised.
>
> I tried to download it using a page that streams the video into a
> file, but the file was not supported.
>
> The video was stored somewhere on my pc because I could play it after
> it was streamed.
>
> My question is: 'Is there a way of downloading a video which appears
> to be stored in memory?'
>
> Thanks

You might find it in your Temporary Internet Files folder.

Windows Vista -
View temporary Internet files
http://tinyurl.com/5u7d4l
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...4f23e1033.mspx

How to View the Internet
Explorer Temporary Internet
Files and Settings in Vista
Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files Settings - Vista Forums
or...
Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files Settings - Vista Forums

FWIW...if you install the Mozilla ForeFox browser and
the 'DownloadHelper' Add-on you will have an easier
time downloading media files.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk
Thanks for the response.

I checked the Temporary Internet Folder, but unfortunately, it does not appear to be there ( all hidden are revealed).

Any other thoughts.

Best wishes