Media player 11 doubled playlist entries

Greg555

Media player 11 doubled playlist entries

I hope this is in the right place. I didn't see a forum specific to
media player. Got vista home win media player 11. I always liked win
media player but its aggravating to use cause it MS tried to cover every
type of persons needs when they developed it. So it tries to do so much
it has constant problems.

I don't like the new method of monitoring music folders. I liked the
old way of just adding the files to the library. Right now my problem is
I have 2 copies of every song file in the vista music folder. Why?

I have it set to monitor the music folder only and to ignore all
others.
I have one copy of each song file in the music folder. But I have 2
referances to each file in the media player library. I removed all links
to files in the library and let it add them again, and I get the same
damn thing.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on?
And is there a way to go into registry or something and change the
behavoir of the program for monitoring folders? back to the old method
of adding files of your choice?

Any help is appreciated:

Greg

--
Greg555
Dryopithecus

RE: Media player 11 doubled playlist entries
"Greg555" wrote:

> I hope this is in the right place. I didn't see a forum specific to
> media player. Got vista home win media player 11. I always liked win
> media player but its aggravating to use cause it MS tried to cover every
> type of persons needs when they developed it. So it tries to do so much
> it has constant problems.
>
> I don't like the new method of monitoring music folders. I liked the
> old way of just adding the files to the library. Right now my problem is
> I have 2 copies of every song file in the vista music folder. Why?
>
> I have it set to monitor the music folder only and to ignore all
> others.
> I have one copy of each song file in the music folder. But I have 2
> referances to each file in the media player library. I removed all links
> to files in the library and let it add them again, and I get the same
> damn thing.
>
> Does anyone know what the hell is going on?
> And is there a way to go into registry or something and change the
> behavoir of the program for monitoring folders? back to the old method
> of adding files of your choice?
>
> Any help is appreciated:
>
> Greg
>

> --
> Greg555

I have a similar-sounding problem. MP11, running on XP, has messed up the
track listing on my double CD: Muddy Waters: "Got My Mojo Working". The first
time I played the disks, MP11 got the track lists from MS's web-site but the
track listing for CD2 came out the same as that for CD1 (which it shouldn't
be) After ripping both CDs, each to its own folder, MP11 combined the two
lists into one, so that the track list consisted of the first track name from
CD1, twice, then the second track name from CD1, twice, etc. When I play
this, the music alternates between that on CD1 and CD2.

I think MP11 has bugs!

I'm now trying to edit the list, which is possible, but it's a pain. I can
only suggest you try the same. Or you could wait for MS to find the bugs &
cure them. Good Luck, Dry.

Greg555

Re: Media player 11 doubled playlist entries

I was just going to reply and thank you for your input. Then... I had a
brainstorm.

I selected all tracks in media player library and deleted them. From
library not computer. Then before it had time to start monitoring the
music folder again, I closed media player. Then I went to music folder
and deleted all playlist files. (including the custom ones I made
myself).

Then I opened media player again and the music folder. Minimized media
player and the music folder window so I could see both.

Then I selected all files from edit window. Then deselected any file
that was not a song file. Then I drug the files from the music folder
into the media player library window.

And... it seemed to fix the entire problem. I now have one link to each
song in the library. I fooled media player 11 into doing things the way
I want to do it.

Its a democracy!

Its just too bad we have to go to such lengths to use something that
supposed to be able to do anything. And of course, not one word about
this in the help for media player. If its there somewhere, I would like
someone to tell me where.

"staggers the imagination"

It reminds me of the websites where you enter your bank info for paying
bills or buying something.
"should I enter the hyphens in the card no.? or should I not"?
Why can't it just tell us that before going to the next page and learn
that we were supposed to or not supposed to? Its like a bunch of retards
developed the site.

Anyway: If your trouble is like mine, this should resolve it.
I don't have time to screw around with this kind of crap.

Greg

--
Greg555