Windows Media Center TV Audio

Bestlife

Windows Media Center TV Audio
I can use advise on sound problem with Windows Media Center.

My computer has a TV feature as a part of Windows Media Center. Until
recently it worked great. The problem now is I have no sound on live TV or
on recorded TV when viewed in Window Media Center, the picture is fine but
no sound. If I have a tv program on and go to mute I get closed captions on
the screen.

The recorded TV programs will however play with sound with Windows Media
Player. There is alo no problem with sound with recorded music, even the
demonstration video which is a part of Windows Media Center has sound.

I have checked on drivers and all seem to be up to date and it states they
are working find. I can watch and record live TV on Window Player and their
will be no sound. I can then play the same program after recording stops
with Window Media Player and have both picture and sound.

This problem has gotten me puzzled and I would appreciate any advise.

Barb Bowman

Re: Windows Media Center TV Audio
Please post your reply to the dedicated newsgroup for Media Center
microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter

First, can you try a system restore to a point where sound was
working properly?

Did you install any new programs? Were there driver updates that you
installed?

On Sat, 5 Sep 2009 22:41:52 -0400, "Bestlife" <dbest51@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I can use advise on sound problem with Windows Media Center.
>
>My computer has a TV feature as a part of Windows Media Center. Until
>recently it worked great. The problem now is I have no sound on live TV or
>on recorded TV when viewed in Window Media Center, the picture is fine but
>no sound. If I have a tv program on and go to mute I get closed captions on
>the screen.
>
>The recorded TV programs will however play with sound with Windows Media
>Player. There is alo no problem with sound with recorded music, even the
>demonstration video which is a part of Windows Media Center has sound.
>
>I have checked on drivers and all seem to be up to date and it states they
>are working find. I can watch and record live TV on Window Player and their
>will be no sound. I can then play the same program after recording stops
>with Window Media Player and have both picture and sound.
>
>This problem has gotten me puzzled and I would appreciate any advise.

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com