Windows Live Movie Maker

PapaJohn

Windows Live Movie Maker
The final release of Windows Live Movie Maker arrived.

I did a fresh installation of Windows 7 Ultimate, followed by the latest of
Windows Live Essentials... nothing else, no added codecs, no conversion
utilities.

My first check was to import some test files into Windows Live Movie
Maker... MOV, High Def AVCHD, MP4, Motion JPEG, Xvid encloded avi... etc.
They imported and previewed fine.

This begins the next era of Windows Movie Maker... for Vista and Windows 7
users... it doesn't run on XP.

--
PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org

msongs

Re: Windows Live Movie Maker

hi papa john, thanks for all the useful help u and your website provide.

tried the new movie maker when i downloaded windows 7 beta in february.
didnt like it as much as the version that came with XP, so i downloaded
that version (don't recall the version number right now)

so is the latest version as good as the xp version. sorry, havent used
it in a while but i recall that the old version was better and more
functional in certain ways.

Msongs

--
msongs
PapaJohn

Re: Windows Live Movie Maker
thanks Msongs,

For experienced users of MM2.1 in XP or MM6 in Vista who shoot video with
mini-DV camcorders or can easily do file conversions as needed, there are
many fewer features in the new Windows Movie Maker Live version. Sounds like
you're one of them... like myself. Last night I used Windows Live Movie
Maker to put a video on Facebook... I used the new app with the Facebook
plug-in to publish it but put it together with MM2.1 in XP. The new app,
with the added Facebook plug-in makes the output file in 720 sized HD,
overkill in rendering time, upload time, and file size, for my standard def
mini-DV tape footage.

I use custom profiles in XP and Vista for many things, such as rendering my
vids for Facebook and YouTube. The plug-ins for Windows Live Movie Maker
don't give you a quality choice.... and I haven't yet found the new released
version able to use my custom profiles.

For zillions of users around the world who are not experienced with MM2.1 or
MM6, and don't need the frustrations associated with learning about file
conversions, Windows Live Movie Maker will be wonderful.

--
PapaJohn
www.papajohn.org