Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Recording Audio

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2009
Johnny B. Safe
 

Posts: n/a
Recording Audio
Hi I have a dell lalptop with windows vista basic. I have used the sound
recorder before but the quality is not that great (using the inbuilt mic). So
today I brought a microphone headset (cheap one). But I still find a little
bit of background noise using the sound recorder. I need this because I do
poetry and I am doing some recorded peotry for use as backing for a dvd. Im
just looking for the cheapest resonable option. Has anyone got any ideas? I
have done a couple of peoms to dvd but the sound lets it down. This is just a
project at the moment so I dont wont to spend louds of money on equipment.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Johnny
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-17-2009
bread_voter
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Recording Audio
Download audacity, its free, refer to guide 2nd link.



http://audacity.sourceforge.net/


http://www.jtoolkit.com/audio/Audacity_Guide.pdf


"Johnny B. Safe" <JohnnyBSafe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2326ACAD-7DC4-4170-BE59-BA43685396C2@microsoft.com...
> Hi I have a dell lalptop with windows vista basic. I have used the sound
> recorder before but the quality is not that great (using the inbuilt mic).
> So
> today I brought a microphone headset (cheap one). But I still find a
> little
> bit of background noise using the sound recorder. I need this because I do
> poetry and I am doing some recorded peotry for use as backing for a dvd.
> Im
> just looking for the cheapest resonable option. Has anyone got any ideas?
> I
> have done a couple of peoms to dvd but the sound lets it down. This is
> just a
> project at the moment so I dont wont to spend louds of money on equipment.
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Johnny


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2009
brikendor
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Recording Audio
See "prefer ,wma for recording" conversation dated 4 August.

"Johnny B. Safe" <JohnnyBSafe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2326ACAD-7DC4-4170-BE59-BA43685396C2@microsoft.com...
> Hi I have a dell lalptop with windows vista basic. I have used the sound
> recorder before but the quality is not that great (using the inbuilt mic).
> So
> today I brought a microphone headset (cheap one). But I still find a
> little
> bit of background noise using the sound recorder. I need this because I do
> poetry and I am doing some recorded peotry for use as backing for a dvd.
> Im
> just looking for the cheapest resonable option. Has anyone got any ideas?
> I
> have done a couple of peoms to dvd but the sound lets it down. This is
> just a
> project at the moment so I dont wont to spend louds of money on equipment.
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Johnny


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2009
Johnny B. Safe
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Recording Audio
Thanks but I downloaded it. And When I record I have the same background
noises. I just want to record a reasonable quality of my voise. I have
removed audacity now as I would have to still spen ages editing (once I
learned how) for every single recording. There must be a way to record with a
mic and a laptop without the noise. Surely? But thanks for your reply. Im
still at a loss.

"bread_voter" wrote:

> Download audacity, its free, refer to guide 2nd link.
>
>
>
> http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
>
>
> http://www.jtoolkit.com/audio/Audacity_Guide.pdf
>
>
> "Johnny B. Safe" <JohnnyBSafe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2326ACAD-7DC4-4170-BE59-BA43685396C2@microsoft.com...
> > Hi I have a dell lalptop with windows vista basic. I have used the sound
> > recorder before but the quality is not that great (using the inbuilt mic).
> > So
> > today I brought a microphone headset (cheap one). But I still find a
> > little
> > bit of background noise using the sound recorder. I need this because I do
> > poetry and I am doing some recorded peotry for use as backing for a dvd.
> > Im
> > just looking for the cheapest resonable option. Has anyone got any ideas?
> > I
> > have done a couple of peoms to dvd but the sound lets it down. This is
> > just a
> > project at the moment so I dont wont to spend louds of money on equipment.
> > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
> >
> > Johnny

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-18-2009
Johnny B. Safe
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Recording Audio
Thanks I did refer to that post but I go start menu. programs like it says.
nut when it says windows media. I aint got that to get to windows media
encoder. I got the basic sound recorder. I have tried what someone else said
but its still the same background noises from my laptop. And I dont want to
have to manually edit every time a do a few minutes recording it would take
ages. There must be an in exspensive way and not time consuming way of doing
this? I mean in the days of tape recorders I used to get resonable qualitite
recordings. And it seems strange I can produce dvds cds but Im (I know) I
cant seem to record myself without tiny noises of my computer running
internally. That I cant hear. until I playback the recording. Thank you for
your reply. Just havent done this in ages and not on a laptop or pc. So exuse
my ignorance.

"brikendor" wrote:

> See "prefer ,wma for recording" conversation dated 4 August.
>
> "Johnny B. Safe" <JohnnyBSafe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2326ACAD-7DC4-4170-BE59-BA43685396C2@microsoft.com...
> > Hi I have a dell lalptop with windows vista basic. I have used the sound
> > recorder before but the quality is not that great (using the inbuilt mic).
> > So
> > today I brought a microphone headset (cheap one). But I still find a
> > little
> > bit of background noise using the sound recorder. I need this because I do
> > poetry and I am doing some recorded peotry for use as backing for a dvd.
> > Im
> > just looking for the cheapest resonable option. Has anyone got any ideas?
> > I
> > have done a couple of peoms to dvd but the sound lets it down. This is
> > just a
> > project at the moment so I dont wont to spend louds of money on equipment.
> > Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
> >
> > Johnny

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-20-2009
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Recording Audio
Johnny B. Safe wrote:
> Thanks I did refer to that post but I go start menu. programs like it
> says. nut when it says windows media. I aint got that to get to
> windows media encoder. I got the basic sound recorder. I have tried
> what someone else said but its still the same background noises from
> my laptop. And I dont want to have to manually edit every time a do a
> few minutes recording it would take ages. There must be an in
> exspensive way and not time consuming way of doing this? I mean in
> the days of tape recorders I used to get resonable qualitite
> recordings. And it seems strange I can produce dvds cds but Im (I
> know) I cant seem to record myself without tiny noises of my computer
> running internally. That I cant hear. until I playback the recording.
> Thank you for your reply. Just havent done this in ages and not on a
> laptop or pc. So exuse my ignorance.

===============================
Do you have a digital camera? Maybe
you could use it to record the sound clips.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-21-2009
Johnny B. Safe
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Recording Audio
Thanks John. No not at the moment. But I have always been meaning to get one
and the thought croosed me mind recently. I will be on the look out for a
bargan as money is short. But I have at least learnt that the laptop is not
an option. I tried using me phone but little bit echoey. So I will look out
for either a camera as you say or some digital dictophone for best option for
price aswell.

Johnny again thanks.

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Johnny B. Safe wrote:
> > Thanks I did refer to that post but I go start menu. programs like it
> > says. nut when it says windows media. I aint got that to get to
> > windows media encoder. I got the basic sound recorder. I have tried
> > what someone else said but its still the same background noises from
> > my laptop. And I dont want to have to manually edit every time a do a
> > few minutes recording it would take ages. There must be an in
> > exspensive way and not time consuming way of doing this? I mean in
> > the days of tape recorders I used to get resonable qualitite
> > recordings. And it seems strange I can produce dvds cds but Im (I
> > know) I cant seem to record myself without tiny noises of my computer
> > running internally. That I cant hear. until I playback the recording.
> > Thank you for your reply. Just havent done this in ages and not on a
> > laptop or pc. So exuse my ignorance.

> ===============================
> Do you have a digital camera? Maybe
> you could use it to record the sound clips.
>
> --
>
> J. Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-21-2009
66monks
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Recording Audio
I've just bought my first mp3 player and, in response to your last post,
tried the voice record function. It records .wav files reasonably well with
electronic noise not too intrusive during pauses. Cheaper than a camera -
GBP20.
--
"Victor" Mel True


"Johnny B. Safe" wrote:

> Thanks John. No not at the moment. But I have always been meaning to get one
> and the thought croosed me mind recently. I will be on the look out for a
> bargan as money is short. But I have at least learnt that the laptop is not
> an option. I tried using me phone but little bit echoey. So I will look out
> for either a camera as you say or some digital dictophone for best option for
> price aswell.
>
> Johnny again thanks.
>
> "John Inzer" wrote:
>
> > Johnny B. Safe wrote:
> > > Thanks I did refer to that post but I go start menu. programs like it
> > > says. nut when it says windows media. I aint got that to get to
> > > windows media encoder. I got the basic sound recorder. I have tried
> > > what someone else said but its still the same background noises from
> > > my laptop. And I dont want to have to manually edit every time a do a
> > > few minutes recording it would take ages. There must be an in
> > > exspensive way and not time consuming way of doing this? I mean in
> > > the days of tape recorders I used to get resonable qualitite
> > > recordings. And it seems strange I can produce dvds cds but Im (I
> > > know) I cant seem to record myself without tiny noises of my computer
> > > running internally. That I cant hear. until I playback the recording.
> > > Thank you for your reply. Just havent done this in ages and not on a
> > > laptop or pc. So exuse my ignorance.

> > ===============================
> > Do you have a digital camera? Maybe
> > you could use it to record the sound clips.
> >
> > --
> >
> > J. Inzer MS-MVP
> > Digital Media Experience
> >
> > Notice
> > This is not tech support
> > I am a volunteer
> >
> > Solutions that work for
> > me may not work for you
> >
> > Proceed at your own risk
> >
> >
> >

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-21-2009
Johnny b. Safe
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Recording Audio
thanks I have tried my phone wasnt too bad. but I forgot all about mp3
player. i will try it.

"66monks" wrote:

> I've just bought my first mp3 player and, in response to your last post,
> tried the voice record function. It records .wav files reasonably well with
> electronic noise not too intrusive during pauses. Cheaper than a camera -
> GBP20.
> --
> "Victor" Mel True
>
>
> "Johnny B. Safe" wrote:
>
> > Thanks John. No not at the moment. But I have always been meaning to get one
> > and the thought croosed me mind recently. I will be on the look out for a
> > bargan as money is short. But I have at least learnt that the laptop is not
> > an option. I tried using me phone but little bit echoey. So I will look out
> > for either a camera as you say or some digital dictophone for best option for
> > price aswell.
> >
> > Johnny again thanks.
> >
> > "John Inzer" wrote:
> >
> > > Johnny B. Safe wrote:
> > > > Thanks I did refer to that post but I go start menu. programs like it
> > > > says. nut when it says windows media. I aint got that to get to
> > > > windows media encoder. I got the basic sound recorder. I have tried
> > > > what someone else said but its still the same background noises from
> > > > my laptop. And I dont want to have to manually edit every time a do a
> > > > few minutes recording it would take ages. There must be an in
> > > > exspensive way and not time consuming way of doing this? I mean in
> > > > the days of tape recorders I used to get resonable qualitite
> > > > recordings. And it seems strange I can produce dvds cds but Im (I
> > > > know) I cant seem to record myself without tiny noises of my computer
> > > > running internally. That I cant hear. until I playback the recording.
> > > > Thank you for your reply. Just havent done this in ages and not on a
> > > > laptop or pc. So exuse my ignorance.
> > > ===============================
> > > Do you have a digital camera? Maybe
> > > you could use it to record the sound clips.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > J. Inzer MS-MVP
> > > Digital Media Experience
> > >
> > > Notice
> > > This is not tech support
> > > I am a volunteer
> > >
> > > Solutions that work for
> > > me may not work for you
> > >
> > > Proceed at your own risk
> > >
> > >
> > >

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-21-2009
dbknox
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Recording Audio

Johnny B. Safe;1114405 Wrote:
> Hi I have a dell lalptop with windows vista basic. I have used the
> sound
> recorder before but the quality is not that great (using the inbuilt
> mic). So
> today I brought a microphone headset (cheap one). But I still find a
> little
> bit of background noise using the sound recorder. I need this because I
> do
> poetry and I am doing some recorded peotry for use as backing for a
> dvd. Im
> just looking for the cheapest resonable option. Has anyone got any
> ideas? I
> have done a couple of peoms to dvd but the sound lets it down. This is
> just a
> project at the moment so I dont wont to spend louds of money on
> equipment.
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Johnny

What sound card are you using?
Have you tried setting the "record" feature to different levels? I have
reltek onboard sound card and it was very noisy until I updated the
driver and fooled around with the recording levels in the audio
manager.
Just grasping for straws.


--
dbknox
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recording audio yaro137 microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 3 07-17-2009 13:49
Recording audio Paul Graham microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 9 04-15-2009 18:02
Audio recording clyra17 microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 12-25-2007 02:46
Recording Audio via App Internet Cafe PC #9 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 03-25-2007 12:45




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:31.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120